Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki Central Members Most Embarassing Photos Post

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies

T

ikitnrev: We must have had the same fashion consultant!

My 1970 playboy phase:

____
  _ _
   /
  / 
 /    
  _

[ Edited by: thejab on 2003-07-26 12:40 ]

I have seen that photo of BK many times before but I always laugh my arse off when I see it.

Swanky, too funny. You all have made me laugh so hard. Nose picking, punk rock, floppy hair, this thread has it all.

Sweet Daddy Tiki, that suit is in my vintage shop right now. I just could not stop laughing at that photo.

Tikifish darling, I love the ID shot. I have always had a thing for short hair dyed jet black. Hubba Hubba!

Jade, I only have one question for you, did you have leg warmers on?

BK this was a great idea and too funny. Don't worry, my photos are coming soon.

[ Edited by: Brad on 2003-07-26 16:11 ]

No I was NOT wearing legwarmers, I had on black pedal pushers and black Beatle boots. And to be honest, I was posing for an album cover that night and that's what I was asked to wear.

Was this for "The Jets"?

I hate you both.

Don't hate me, lovely, charming Jade...just relish in the fact that neither me or Mr. Owens, sleazy ilk that we were, would have ever had a chance with you (I somehow know this without touching a time machine).

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-07-26 23:16 ]

Hey BK!
Congrats on your 1000th TC post!!!!

BK~
At the time of that pic, sleaziness notwithstanding, I wasn't really into any eleven year olds. :wink:

This thread is classic here is my shots straight out of my 1980 School yearbook. I was in the 9th grade. Such the lil' Spicolli.

Here I am again same yearbook different page.

This time my name reads Joe Devo.
Being the little deviant that I once was, I got back in line whipped out my trusty Devo glasses and got my pic taken again with my new name. When the lady asked me to remove my glasses I told here I had to wear them all the time because I had "photosynthesis of the eyes." She noddded and snapped the picture. I could not believe that it made it into the yearbook. Needless to say I was famous in my school for pulling that one off and on top of the world that summer. Then I went punk, started high school and got beat up on a regular basis.
Oh the fun of youthful deviltry.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-07-27 11:55 ]

Brilliant stunt Chongolio. Wish I'd been that cheeky in jr. high.

-Sweets

E

We've seen mullets, rocker, punk, and just plain nerd...it's time for FRO! Here's me Xmas '75, just months away from dropping the nature-boy look, though not for the last time I confess.

:), emspace.

T

It's not so much the 'fro as it is the overalls that I find disturbing...

I think it's the combo of 'fro & snow shoes!

E

tikifish and SDT, tell me about it...pretty dorky huh? If I'd worn, oh, I dunno, some big-ass flares and vest and platforms, it would make more sense, I know. And the snowshoes...Kee-rist. Well as I say, I was only months away from getting funkified, those snowshoes didn't see much use.

:), em.

"Hello darkness my old friend"
Is what immiediately came to my mind after seeing your photo Em.

SDT- I got myself into all kinds of trouble with my penchant for monkey business. For graduation that year I wore a purple Tuxedo with blue vans. I could care less about the cool kids and there scene. I was into being a wierdo.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-07-27 16:59 ]

On 2003-07-27 13:29, emspace wrote:
We've seen mullets...

Dude, where's the mullet?

Wow, Chongolio - you went from Spicoli to Damone in one yearbook!

Hey Modchick, Whats ironic is that "Fast TImes at Ridgemont High" was partially filmed at the high school I went to during my first and only year there. Those yearbook pics are actually pre-Spicolli. In that era of my life I wanted to be a Z-boy.

Chongolio

Oh breakin' out the baby pics huh.......Well check out this "smooth" pinstripe coat and the "dippity do" comb over...............

T.F.

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2003-07-29 05:14 ]

[ Edited by: tikifreak on 2004-12-20 12:20 ]

You look deeply disturbed by something!

Chongolio - that is so completely and totallY COOL. I utterly adore that film.

Rumour had it that there were 8 girls who cultivated the Pat Benatar look? Did you find this to be the case? :)

E

Chongolio: right on the money. Me and a buddy used to sing S&G songs all the time, I always took the Garfunkel part.

Atomic, you're right too: no real mullets, it must be wishful thinking...

:). em.

em~
I thought you were understudying Victor Garber in Godspell.

E

Purple jade, we have come full circle with Godspell! See http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2960&forum=6 .

:), em.

On 2003-07-28 13:51, emspace wrote:
Atomic, you're right too: no real mullets, it must be wishful thinking...

DANG!

Tikfreak, so bruddah, tell us the truth-how many kindergarden babes (including the teach) you score?

Dippy-do is ZAZZ!

I remembered, that's why I said that! :)

Atomic:

Quite a few I guess I could say there brah.......and still at it as well. Not quite as daper though these days. Guess it could be that my Mom's not still using the "Doo" anymore on my hair when she fixes it. Hell, at "41" I still can't get it right.

"The only difference between being in a rut or being in a groove, is in your frame of mind".

Groove is good.

T.F.

Mod, Yeah there were all kinds of Pat
Benatar look-a-likes hanging around as extras for the film. A couple of the other extras were friends of mine from the punk/new wave scene. Have you read the book? It's good but a little more somber than the movie. The Spicolli character is a complete f*ck up in the book. Sorry I forgot the authors name.
Chongolio

Cameron Crowe

DZ

Ritchie Blackmore's Birthday!

So while most of you were going through puberty in 1987 or maybe even past it....here is what I was up to. Pumping iron, ala Jane Fonda at age 4 or so. (Notice the hula girl t-shirt...somehow I must've known...) What was I thinking with those blue tights?

waikiki

B

It looks like the guy behind you is smokin' a Joint!..l

waikiki tiki wrote:
So while most of you were going through puberty in 1987 or maybe even past it...

Oh yeah....way past it! Actually, Waikiki, MOST of us had already graduated high school and/or college by the time YOU were born! ha!

Cute picture, and yes, Mojo, that guy (brother?) does look like he's taken a big 'ol drag of something!

Too funny!

T

That outfit is ZAZZ!

M

All right, here you go. Don't say you weren't warned:

Here's the high school model (Homecoming no less):

And then in college, where I started to "find myself":

Have fun trying to sleep tonight!

T

OK... you win!

Martiki, High school: Dated a girl named Rhonda? Drove an Iroc with "T"-tops? Owned a Whitesnake tape? College: Briefly dated Iggy Pop? :) (respectful questions, of course, Martiki)

I'm going to also say that we have a winner for this heat (but competition is still open!)

T

Martin, when you "found yourself" looking like that you must have had quite a shock!

A

It took me awhile to post. I have the killer mullet photo, I just can't find it. Going thru old photos it became a challenge to find one when I'm not drinking beer.

Shelly first.

Here's Shelley with that "Get away from my maitai" look

how to stuff a wild bikini

Shelley by the bar. Some things never change.

The Jackson 5 called, they want their haircut back.

Hair Gel $4.99
Red Tie $7.49
eyeliner $35.55
Having your husband post this pic on the net
Priceless

Whose that behind those Foster/Grant's

Ok My turn

Thats me, red sweater.

Skate tough, or, go home.

NRA ALL THE WAY!!!

Age 22, Laguna Hills Mall Santa.

Kegger!!!

Overalls and flannel, makes the chicks hot

I'll take the blonde and the brunette, You take the picture.

Holly would get a little crazy when she drank chardonay.

Bliss and Extacy

17 years old. Fuck, what an idiot.

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2003-08-03 15:09 ]

On 2003-08-02 16:54, martiki6 wrote:
Have fun trying to sleep tonight!

PAAAAAAAAIINN!!

.....speechless.

This is me at work in the 80's. I was very proud of my hair.

I wore this hat proudly all the time. Barbie (yes, that's her name) and I with Santa at the mall!

Kiliki!
I had a "little black hat" (of the gaucho variety) that I wore all the time too! There's a picture around somewhere...

In my best Butterfly Mcqueen "Mmm....Mmmmm,Mmmm,Mmm".

M

On 2003-08-03 15:07, Alnshely wrote:

First off, Shelly is gonna kick your ass.

Thats me, red sweater.
Wonder Years!!

Skate tough, or, go home.
It's "Al-Town and Z-Boys!"

NRA ALL THE WAY!!!
Is that a Witco viking ship on the wall behind you?

Kegger!!!
Dig the hella fringe on your sleeve!

Overalls and flannel, makes the chicks hot
Come on, Eileen!

I'll take the blonde and the brunette, You take the picture.
Al is Big Pimpin'!

17 years old. Fuck, what an idiot.
It looks like Sean Penn in "The Falcon and The Snowman"!

Hmmmm..the gauntlet has been thrown. Looks like I'll have to dig deeper into the archives....

Nice work, Cap'n.

T

OK I found my most embarasing moment (caught on film)...

This is me caught drinking my very first beer (Satan's elixir) right after my very first barn raising!

My father Jebediah was NOT pleased and I got whooped!

Hoity-Toity Wanna Be

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2003-08-04 07:54 ]

Al-

I'll never look at Holly or Chardonnay the same way again. Those pictures... I'm a bit frigtened, yet sooo impressed!

-Weird Uncle

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies