Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Trader Vic's Tokyo, Tokyo , Japan (restaurant)

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Name:Trader Vic's Tokyo
Type:bar
Street:Hotel New Otani, 4F, 4-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku
City:Tokyo
State:
Zip:102-8578
Phone:+81 (0)3 3265 4707/8

Description:
This is an excerpt from my Tokyo diary - not a very detailed description, I had planned to write a full report later, and never have! Maybe I should get on that... it was almost year ago, after all.

"After Ninja, we went to Trader Vic's for a cocktail... The Tokyo Trader Vic's is much like all the other Trader Vic's in decor, but it is located in a tall hotel tower. We discovered the low-light setting on my digital camera (plus the manual exposure) so I took all sorts of great pictures of us enjoyng our cocktails - A 'Dr. Funk of Tahiti' for Alex, and a Tiki Bowl for Jason and I (which is a shared bowl supported by 3 moai heads, with 2 reeeeeeally long straws). Also a few snaps of Alex molesting a taxidermied puffer fish. After our drinks were well documented and I was allowed to tour the other closed parts of the restaurant for photos, we headed home... it had to be an early night, we were headed for Kyoto the next day!"

(P.S. Ninja is a NINJA THEMED RESTAURANT (take note, Mig!) in Tokyo that is possibly one of the coolest restaurants ever.)

[Edited by hanford to add the type to the subject]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-27 18:05 ]

B

The New Otoni is accessible by at least six subway lines (and a JR line).

We've always used the Akasakamitsuke Station on the Marunouchi Line (same line as Tiki Tiki in Shinjuku).

I don't remember the correct subway station exit right now, but there will be signs (in English and Japanese) that list different destinations with exits - look for "Hotel New Otani."

Once you get in the hotel go to the tower, take an elevator to the 4th floor and viola!

Trader Vic's in New Otani Japanese site

Same Vic's site in English using AltVista

Hotel New Otani site in English

IT only took me 2 years... but here are the pics from our trip to Trader Vic's Tokyo, finally uploaded! Look for the ghost waiter in one of the photos... spoooky!

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2004-11-15 12:08 ]

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2004-11-15 12:09 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies