Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Practice Makes Progress (Have A Great Day) Laz

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies

N

Tiki Eating Sushi, to be continued ( thanks for looking

N

Hello Tiki Central I am not as good as I would like to be But I am sure having a Good Time!! Thanks for looking

TIKI RIDING A SEA HORSE

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-11 08:33 ]

N

Tiki Riding A Sea Horse ! Almost done To tired to do detail . but i have still have some energy to start another one,

Thanks for Looking!

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-11 09:50 ]

Killers!
All of them.
Great eye.

N

Thanks Will . looking forward to see what they look like when finished

N

Thanks for looking have a Great day Be Blessed!

N

Be free!

Thanks for looking ! Have a awesome day

Pretty crazy stuff--do you ever sleep?

LOL yes I do sleep actually I go to bed at 9 pm wake up at 6 am ! So i do get my 8 hour sleep in. My carvings are 2 hour carvings so I really just work about 4-6 hours a day. its fun ! I Got 8 carvings started this week, thats pretty good I have to because I decided to Carve full time so its my only Income, they sell pretty fast i sell my carvings from $75 to $150, thats why i only like to spend 2-3 hours on each one.

I started this one today as well. Sail fish

T

Really like your Seahorses and the fish too.

If I was close by would want a seahorse for sure.

N

Thank You!

N

Hello Tiki Central My friend is working on a logo for my web site, I think its cool still needs some work looking forward to see the finish design

thanks for looking!

Swan Tribal Man Tiki

Thanks for looking

N

Good morning Tiki Central!! Spring time is here so I am going to take another shot at this very difficult carving, Surfer Tiki Please wish me incoragement its not easy But practice make progress, Lets do the Dam thing !!! I am going to make a effort not to rush . and not hurry

N

this was my first time Tiki Surfer I was not to happy but a tiki collector bought it from me for $140 so thats cool

So far its So So but better than the first one i made! thanks for looking!

N

Done for the Day I have 3 hours in this , I have not made any major screw ups YET! I personally like the whole in between the legs I like it that the tiki is not on the surf bourd it looks like hes falling of (i did not do that on purpose by the way) and i like the whole in the wave to the other side, Thanks for looking Have a nice day!

T

well thats cool!

You know,
You get extra credit for every
hole you punch thru a Tiki.

Don't you?

N

thanks Big T

Will I do think so, I get a special extra credit for the whole in my head I qualify for the mentally challenged tiki carving organization that I am going to establish, But your carvings do not need any holes , I just hope nobody ask me any hard questions

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-16 21:21 ]

N

This is getting me into trouble The Wife is not to happy, I have been thinking about lighting this thing on fire but I am scared that

1, I might burn the house down
2, I might burn the nieghbors house down
3. I will catch on fire
4 the fire department may come
5, the police might come
6 that my wife will set me on fire

N

Thank you Tiki Central. Being a member that has not subscribed to support the cause by paying $24 for the Year I am truly grateful. I have freedom to my art my personality my goals and ambitions no matter who like s it or not I will always be grateful for this Tiki Central.

By the way here is the work that i have done in 5 days time to finish them off but i am still incline to start another
What ever i guess as long as i do some thing. Happy carvings Tiki central Members and Junkies lol

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-18 06:53 ]

That's an impressive mulch pile. My wife would be pissed too! Time to fill up the garbage can.

N

Yes my brother ! I had a friend help me clean it up . I should clean as i go but i get obseesed with just Carving My life is unmanegable but I getting better and better each day lol

N

Well its Show time the wife wants to go to the beach on saturday, I have $28 to my name and no gas in the car, So my plan is to detail paint and seal ten carvings before thursday And FRIDAY!! will be my first time on the side of the road , I hope i do not get arrested because i do not have a peddlers licence and I live in the City of Oralndo and the Law here does not play the the radio, but the the SAW IS THE LAW!!!

T

"I have $28 to my name"

Looks like you spent all yer dough on cruises and tools.
Time to sell tiki.

N

lol lol lol my MAN! we are each others eyes and ears! You got my number, Thank you! I salute you whith chainsaw held up High!

N

I do not think these 4 need to be painted I might justput a poly on them or maybe not I am very double minded

This one I think I screwed up the face of the tiki I just have a hard time making the face small i guess i just do not have the right tool for the job or maybe I just SUCK!!!

Well and this is my 2nd attempt at the surfer burning of the hairs from the palm so i can go back to it i think am going to leave this one alone for tomarro little tired or maybe not who knows oh and by the way if your reading this I am not talking to you I am just talking to my self I do that some time lol Have a nice Day

JUMP TIKI MAN JUMP!!!!

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-18 14:03 ]

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-18 14:04 ]

These look cool. Never been a fan of painted tiki's

Fire Surfer is awesome!

N

Wantango ! thank you brother well Another carver told me not to paint them as well. So I am going to trust you guys and just apply the poly! and call it a day thank you

that fire pic is awesome. I'm on board with watango on the paint.

fire good.

paint bad.

N

oh shit I did not listen and painted three of them I think I screwed up BIG TIME. pain is a great persuader I will try not to paint them again

N

thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-19 09:52 ]

N

SPRing is here along with the Heat! Well I have these 5 done some painted some not still have 5 more to finish up.

Sold the Shark for $175. from a colletor not from some body who wants to raid my Barn while i Plant my corn,

People seem to want to make money of my hard work I love collectors

This would look nice by a some ones fish tank, thanks for looking have a nice day,

thanks for looking have a great day

[ Edited by: Nicework 2015-03-20 14:30 ]

N

looking forward to finish these 2 carvings , thanks for looking have a great weekend

N

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-22 04:26 ]

That carve is so good on so many levels
I don't even know where to start.
It's past out of the park or
off the chain.
Extra credit for the hole thru the wave too.
Very Tiki for untraditional Tiki.
Great paint job, for a painted Tiki.
Did I say WOW?

N

Thank you tiki central, just being here motivates me to just keep carving and keep practicing and keep the passion alive! I am really excited about the Tiki surfer, I am basically making a effort to create my own style, I started carving palm in September 2014, I started copying other carvers like Wayne Coombs , Soul Surf Tiki and Crazzy Caprizzi, I think I have developed my own style, Its all do to Tiki Central. Honestly I do not even like old scool tiki carvings but tiki style is what got me started and I am loyal to what got me going, So I make my own style. I do what works for me.

So I have come up with a lot off different carvings just like members here are always pushing them self's to think out side the Box . so I have a gallery of different designs some I feel I got down others are a working progress and the tiki surfer is my favorite that i can t wait to do again. I like it because it really is a carving exercise sculpture. Some carvings I made came out so good to me that I am scared to do them again thats why I just keep carving diffrent designs the fear of not making it as good as the first time like if it was a fluke. But not the surfer the first one looked horrible I felt that I had to do it again I am happier with the second one. It took me a total of 4 hours to carve and paint. I would like $200 for it I will probably sell it for $150 -$175 , that what most people will pay for carvings today, I know their are $300 $400 $500 collectors but they take time to find and I must put food on the table . I need to carve at least one carving a day to survive, bla bla bla bla, lol
I think to my self laz your nuts, nuts with yapping and posting so much , But today I am happy Because I am in the TIKI CARVING FORUM, its about carving tools styles learning promoting the art of Carving. Its a beutiful place for Me I thank you all. bla bla bla bla lol have a great day

FIRST ATTEMP SECOND ATTEMP

N

Will I need you! and I thank you for just being You, You have always have been so incoraging and you carry the message as a Higly skilled sculptour , I appriciate the time and effort that you put in your work, I fool my self thinking that if i did not have to carve fast to make a buck I would , I am just very impatient here in their in my years of carving i slow down and smell the roses like you do, I hope to one day and as long as i am Alive I will have that choice! I tell my son Life is very simple All you have to do is find somebody who is sucsseful and just do what they do Well you one of the guys in my Life that I follow> Thank you Will

A
amate posted on Sun, Mar 22, 2015 6:03 AM

Keep pushing the boundaries Laz! You seem to be having fun making art and I love visiting your thread. I am another of those that prefer natural wood tikis but I do use paint on folk art pieces. Don't hesitate to use paint if you wish. It's your art so do what makes you happy and that will become your style. If others don't get it, that's their problem. Keep carving and posting the results...this is a fun thread.

H

There is a lot of motion in your carvings. Your sculpts are not still like most of the other artist's carvings. You are able to show a lot of expression and motion in them. I also like the combination of characters you put together, somehow they just work. I like them and I like some of your painted ones. I prefer natural pieces but you seem to make your painted ones fun. Keep carving we like it.

N

HilTiki Thank you so much beuty is in the eye of the beholder, I am looking forward to my next carve., I better I can only eat topRoman for so long! LOL have a great day!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies