Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Practice Makes Progress (Have A Great Day) Laz

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies

Carving Apocalypse Preppers. Prepare your selfs for the Carving movement that is snow balling trough out the nation . Do not get caught with your chaisaw out of gas or Oil , Join the TIKI CENTRAL MOVEment of 2015!~!

MY STIHL MS 150 just got better! added a 13 inch carving bar to it. I am a Prepper!

Keep your chain sharp and have a great week

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-23 13:12 ]

N

working on this mermaide sculpture looking forward to see it finished

N

Good morning I have to work with what Im working with going to paint the mermaids finish the sword fish and Cypress angel fish and sea horse , and finish painting the ocean theme mermade with angel fish and the sky man tiki. busy day! Have a great day thanks for looking

T

Hey Laz, thanks for posting the tool pics! What are the tools I circled in yellow? Are those die grinders? Tell me about those, please. :) Are they electric or air powered? What brands are you using?

BIG T My man thank you so much for allowing me to be of service! OK long version of course lol! I am a old school Ice carver, And that means chisels but chisels on ice are diffrent then on wood, sharp chisels on ice is like shaving with a razor smooth strokes, alot of ice carvers switched to all power because we now have bits that mimick chisels,,

On wood NO GOOD!!! well thats for me you have to have a lot of patince with chisels it takes longer so I tap v shape and half moon chisel here and their but I am a all power tool carver.

those are die grinders I bought those at habour frieght but in my ice days i used makita a makita die grinder will run you $120 a harbour frieght one will cost $50. The key is the bit you use, I love sabor tooth and its all about trial and error on bits, I try diffrent bits to see what works, I have bought alot of worthless bits , but i have found bits that work for me! and I am still on the hunt, I hope I was of help, Just keep asking questions on here and stay lurking throughj are tiki carving forum and the awnsers will come like they have come for me on TIKI CENTRAL , lol shit witch reminds me i have been robbing tiki central by not paying the $24 a year suggeted member ship have a great day

Will Carve gave me this link few moths back and saved me alot of time trying to figure stuff out he showed me the way > Thanks Will Carve

http://www.woodcarverssupply.com/CHAIN-SAW-CARVING/products/12/

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-24 10:23 ]

thanks for looking !

N

Tiny Turtle Thanks for looking have a great Day Keep the Chain Turning

T

Thanks for the pics and info on the die grinders. Gotta get me one of those!

Cool turtle!

A
amate posted on Fri, Mar 27, 2015 3:59 PM

On 2015-03-24 10:21, nicework wrote:

Love the socks...very Bohemian!

N

Thanks AMATE I was looking for a circus. Look because. I am a clown lol

N

Time to Start a new set! thanks for looking have a great week lets keep the chainsaw turning and the mallets tapping

T

you are definitely the color master!

yes but my turtle egg look s like a marshmellow lol

Working on a Rasta beach tiki thanks for looking

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.