Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Hawaiian Shirt Art Swap! RESULTS PAGE 26

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 433 replies

T

cy, LOVE this piece. Killer design elements and, of course, perfect execution. Gorgeous.

Mike, looks great- a little Crazy(ing) ain't so bad- couldn't tell in the photo.

RVictor, look forward to seeing the new one come out of the kiln.

Anthony, I just looked at the photos today, and I'm officially jealous of your metal shop. My father in law has one but refuses to give me the keys to let me go play around in there (with good reason, I suppose). Man, the latest update looks sweeeet.

Almost there, almost there.....

Mike, thanks once again for organizing an awesome Art Swap!!!!

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2015-01-19 12:28 ]

A few blue sparks and a whiff of ozone, electrical wiring is done! Now just a few finish details and try to get a good photo.

Here is my work as of tonight
thank you all for the kind words
I will clear coat it this weekend
and put the bamboo on it
Should be done this weekend

Very cool AM!

Underwater glaze coverage check

C
cy posted on Tue, Jan 20, 2015 8:06 AM

Wow, looking great Mike and Anthony!!!

The bar has definitely been raised!

WOW WOW WOW!

AMaye you have created a new Hawaiian art form and so have you MadDogMike. This is a really fun swap. Wendy

The light fixture I needed had exposed contacts posing a shock hazard. So I fashioned a cover from a 1 1/4 inch PVC cap :wink:
Jon, are you ready to start the 10 day countdown?

Cy and Mike - love both your projects!

My update: Platter #1 is out of the kiln and looks fine, yeah. Platter #2 is in the kiln as I speak. It should have gotten fired today. (I'm making an extra just in case there's any mishaps and if they both are good so I'll have one to keep since I never make anything for me.)

next up - glazing. I'm super nervous. I have to check what colors are available and choose from there. We shall see.... stay tuned.

T

Mike, starting early...

The word on the street is that my Swap piece will finally get fired by this weekend. For now there are

days to go. That's

(Jon, okay, all yours). :)

Good luck Lori - GO!
Thanks for that TikiAno :lol:

Anthony and Mike- awesome

Ano- u fast
Beat me to it :)

I talked it over with Dan-0
He agreed to help with the countdown
I can't believe he said okay to 11 days of tattoos

The final countdown

How many days to go?

Well this made my day! I remember Dan doing that photo with the Pina Colada mustache but I hadn't seen it in years.
Thank you hang10tiki this is so much fun. Dan laughed and gave me that smile again.

I found a frame for my swap art.

Fun fun fun. Wendy

Looks BEAUTIFUL Wendy!

Wendy- Dan-0 looks good in a Piña Colada

Frame is a great touch to your Awesome piece
You know my address :)

R

Pina Colada's look good even at 5am. Maybe pancakes with coconut syrup. Maybe I'm just not awake yet and need more coffee...Maybe I'll wake up and find out that Im still on a NYWWITR (New Years What Was I Thinking Resolution) diet.

Ok..so the mug came out of the kiln...the positive side was that the "skip on the lip" looks good. The unpositive side is that with each additional trip into the kiln new "character" was introduced...here's a couple photos. I am calling this done but plan on sending a "super secret minor bonus item" with it just to help make up for my lack of expertise.

So the question was raised by TikiAno if I wanted to submit both the mug and the tiki "family portrait" (Insert props to Sandra here)?

I can offer it up as a second entry if people are interested. It would be good to get some feedback, or some clarification on Art Swap protocols...

RVIC- piña colada pancakes do sound good. :)
The mug looks sweet, great colors. Good job.

How many days to go?
Just ask Dan-0

I'm loving this countdown. I wonder why? Wendy

PS RVICTOR good job

RVICTOR, looks awesome! Beautiful colors. We have always only allowed one partner per Swap, I think having multiple Swap partners has a potential to complicate things and cause problems (in Swaps as well as in life :lol: )

Gonna sneak my bonus project in under the wire. The shirt is all glazed, need to glaze the 4 white corners and grout it.

9?
9?
9!

crap.
I need to start glazing!!!!

Wendy- :)
Mike- awesome bruddah, great bonus piece
Lori- glaze glaze glaze :) can't wait to see your piece

T

Mike, looks great! I thought you were heading in an entirely different direction with the bonus piece- wow, love it.

RVictor, often people (Mike and Jon/ Hang 10, for example) might make an extra "bonus" piece to add to the Swap package mailed out. Both of your pieces look great- are you using firing to cone 06 or higher/ hotter? Mid and high fire kilns often create new "experiences" (character) as the glazes melt and reform in the kiln.

Wendy, LOVE the painting. I think it should stay in the state where it was originally made, so maybe it shouldn't go to Nevada? Sorry, Jon! :wink:

:)

That picture is just WRONG! :lol:

In so many ways, but very funny

KrAZy Ano

Dan just laughed at the photo but was surprised when I told him it was GROG and not you hang10tiki. You've grown so close over the past year! Good job Tiki Ano.

Cheers, Wendy

T

or, perhaps this is a bit more... cultured?

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2015-01-23 21:58 ]

:o

You are BAD TikAno LOL
Glazing done and all glued down, ready for some grout.

Actually poor planning on my part. I like to space all the pieces out evenly then grout around them. But the 2 big front panels of the shirt run top to bottom and can't be spread, should have been made into more pieces. And the notch at the collar locks into the front panel, preventing it from spreading, it should have been separated too. Oh well :lol: I pushed all the shirt pieces together and will just grout around the edges

That works too MadDogMike, that's a beauty. Wendy

T

Mike, love that piece, too!

And :)

Mike- great colors, looks kool

T

MadDogMike you go man go!

Tiki Ano I can tell that Tiki Ari is sleeping more hours in the night. Welcome back. Wendy

Ano- good 1

Here's where we stand 6 days from deadline

Anthony Maye

Cy

danlovestikis

Hang10Tiki

LoriLovesTiki

MadDogMike

MaukaHale

RVICTOR

Sandra Fremgen

TikiAno

Will Carve

Awesome work from our awesome artists

TU and TikiG are also working on pieces

[ Edited by: maddogmike 2015-01-26 14:16 ]

I don't know how the photo in the line up got so blurry. Here it is again. Wendy

AWESOME...............

Awesome job, everybody! :) I would love to get any one of these items posted so far.

So I'm finished with my painting. :) Overall I'm happy with the dreamy and fantasy look of this painting. I'm working on a 2nd painting to explore these colors further.

Sandra

Pretty in Pink! Wendy

Looks beautiful Sandra. I updated my earlier post to include your finished art :)

C
cy posted on Sun, Jan 25, 2015 2:48 PM

MadDog you go above and beyond in your submissions to the swap. Dreamy is a great description of your finished piece Sandra, love it, and the two class clowns Ano and 10 go to the principal's office immediately.

Hey guys!

I might have a bit of a problem. They're predicting a rather major storm for the east coast this week. As of now, I have school tomorrow with an early dismissal due to the snow that's supposed to start at noon. My plan is that if I get into school tomorrow is to bring home my piece home and a couple bottles of glaze and to get it glazed here. BUT if I don't get to school tomorrow OR we really get hammered I may have a piece that is glazed but not fired at the end of the week. :(

Hopefully, I can get it tomorrow, glaze it and we'll be back in school so I can get it fired on Wed. or Thursday. If it goes in on Friday I won't be able to get it until Monday, which will be in Feb. (the 2nd) Fingers crossed that I will 1) be able to get it finished in the next 2 days AND into the kiln and 2) there will be no problems when it comes out.

Send me your magic tiki vibes!!!!!

Sandra- wow, amazing.... Love it (send to Vegas) :)
CY- down and give me 20 Mr.
Lori- fingers crossed for you...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 433 replies