Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Hawaiian Shirt Art Swap! RESULTS PAGE 26

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 433 replies

You think I'm here to post Swap results but I'm not :lol: :D :wink:

I decided to add one more quick Swap project to go with the theme

I was rummaging through the fridge and decided to make a Hawaiian shirt chocolate chip cookie. If it weren't edible I would consider it an EPIC FAIL!!! :lol: I didn't have red paste food coloring so I used liquid and it's pink instead of red. The flowers are my first attempt at white modeling chocolate. I rolled it out on waxed paper and it stuck to the paper. So the recipient will have to pick off the flowers or else spit out the pieces of waxed paper :wink:

DRAWING LATER THIS MORNING!

Lori- :)
Mike- definitely send that one to Vegas

Oh OH oH, are we all having too much fun? Nope what a great swap. I loved my extra long finger photo too. Now we just wait to see what happens. I think everyone did a wonderful job and cookies too who would have thought that, oh yes the MadDog of course.

Cheers, Wendy

:)

OK, the moment we have all been waiting for. We had an odd number of Swappers (13) so the first 10 are paired together and the last 3 swap in a circular fashion.

And the winners are...
TikiG and MadDogMike

MaukaHale and RVICTOR

danlovestikis and TU

TikiAno and Hang10Tiki (snicker - the two who wanted everything sent to them are swapping :D )

Will Carve and Sandra Fremgen

LoriLovesTiki will send to Anthony Maye
Anthony Maye will send to Cy
Cy will send to LoriLovesTiki

Contact your swap partner and exchange addresses. Please pack your treasures well and ship them out soon.
Thank you all for participating and for the GREAT ART, these Art Swaps are one of my favorite Tiki Central activities :D

Here is video of my beautiful wife Teresa drawing the names from the pocket of a Hawaiian shirt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_729bbsLcs&feature=youtu.be

And whose fathead idea was it to have the drawing on SuperBowl Sunday? I'm trying to fix food here! LOL

No way
Me n Ano again
Awesome
I can't wait to see the mug Bruddah
Yaaaaaaa

Thanks again Mike, you run a great swap...

Ano- send to Vegas :)

Great Job MadDogMike. I'm on my computer so I'll be contacting TU right now. Thank you for all the work of running the Swap. When's the next one!!!

Tu check your personal messages. Thank you for my very original cool art. Wendy

WC

You got to like a happy ending.
Every body wins.
Good job Mike.

C
cy posted on Sun, Feb 1, 2015 2:46 PM

It is official, anthonymaye is the most featured artist in my home! Thanks, love the uniqueness and varied medium you use!! Thanks to all that participated and again to MDM for working on this special holiday!

How funny that once again I'm involved in the three way swap! (that was SO not supposed to sound as kinky as it did)

I'm super, SUPER stoked to get your piece Cy! I absolutely love it and I can't wait to have it in my hands. And hut. :wink:

AnthonyMaye, hope you like my piece. I pm'd both of you but got a weird "your message is stored in the database" message. Not sure what that means!

Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting MDM!

Lori, that is the normal message. You should be good.

T

Mike, awesome swap! I love seeing who everyone partners up with.

Hang10 again??? Ha ha, awesome!

Jon, send to San Diego. :)

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2015 1:00 PM

Aloha TC peeps!

I get to swap with our host MadDogMike? Hooray!

I'm starving this morning and could use the chocolate-chip cookie (lol Mike - I love your art too bro!)

I'm proud to be counted among this tribe of tiki-artisans here on TC. I had a ball creating and now contributing my art; by reading your messages I realize you artisans had a ball creating too of course. All of the pieces are classy and spot-on beautiful. Thank You.

Hopefully several shy but art-minded types will see this and be inspired to join the next swap regardless of how they feel their art will be received. For me, its all about the creative process, followed closely by inter-personal relationships and ultimately THE TRADE (I've been blessed to have received spectacular pieces in the past, no doubting that.)

Thanks MadDogMike for organizing and believing artists still "care about the share."

Aloha, TikiG

Mike - it's funny that I've never noticed that message before! Cy replied so I know they went through.

TikiG - I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the influence the swap has on artists and their work, at least for me! I've grown so much as an artist (although I don't really think of myself that way, I'm more of a dabbler) and would never be doing anything remotely artistic if it wasn't for the swap and the support of TC members. I've made some great friends too whom I hope to meet one day soon. :)

TikiG - Your package is on it's way, should arrive on Wednesday via US Post. The cookie didn't make the shipment, sorry :( It busted up while I was wrapping it up. It was one of those good ideas that just didn't work out :lol:

R

This was fun. I second Wendy's sentiment and look forward to the next one. Thanks to all. This swap ended up perfect for me as it has some personal significance and symbolism in the end. The Honu is perfect.

AnthonyMaye, oh Anthony.....

Where are you?????

I need your address so I can send you my piece.

Sorry lori i sent you a message and my address

Cy i boxed it up and sent it today

great swap everybody can't wait to do it again.

Thanks again mike

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Feb 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Hi Lori! :) :)

Mike - Your painting should arrive Thursday the 5th . I'll be on the lookout for my package too. Can't wait!

Ano- it's on da way

T

Jon, I sent it to Vegas. :wink:

LOL! :up:

AnthonyMaye - your swap piece is all packed up and will go out in the mail tomorrow. I packed it REALLY well so it should travel safely. Cy - AnthonyMaye might be the most featured artist at your house but you're the most featured in mine (soon to be tied with Wendy) and I might be the most featured artist at Anthony's because this piece is #3 of mine going to him!

Funny, huh?

M

RVICTOR,

Your mug arrived yesterday safe and sound. It will make a great addition to the collection. Also, thank you for the bonus tiki necklace.

Mauka- looks good

I'm at work
Spousal unit sent me a text that a box was delivered...

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2015-02-06 13:14 ]

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Feb 6, 2015 2:08 PM

Wow - Looky what came in the mail yesterday!!

Thanks MDM for the lamp (and the mosaic.)

They're wonderful! G

Glad it made it safe, you never really sleep well when your babies are "out on the road" :lol:
Glad you enjoyed it. You can put in a different bulb to suit your needs

TikiG- looks great

Got home
Got box
Got Tiki

David
This box was over the top Tiki-awesome...

Spousal unit sad the mailman rung the doorbell to hand deliver it
He said by the looks of the box it must be important :)

Check out all the extras

I think your lil guy might notice these are missing

Da Mug

Great colors and detail David, it's awesome

Here's my TikiAno shelf:

"Do not throw like a football" :lol:

T

I received another over the top box from Jon/ Hang10 today- I have to take photos but the two frames, Sewtiki's Tiki Bob, the extra photo prints, AND the coffee was too cool. I now need more wall space- or, yes, a wall for Hang10's art.

Jon, I'm glad they listened to the notes on the box. "Please be gentle with me. XOXO, This Box."

Hopefully someone caught the Evil Dead reference, too? Hmmm....

I'll post pics on Saturday!

R

MaukaHale,
Finally got to installing a hanger on the back of the Honu today and hung it next to the tiki mug collection. Every time I look at it I'll be reminded of the swap and my last trip to Maui. Mahalo again.

TikiG your paintings arrived safely over the weekend - Awesome! Love the rich colors and I'm still trying to figure out how you wrote so small in the seal (right upper corner). My old eyes can just barely read that small. Need to find a frame that will do it justice and hang it up.

The bonus painting "Mystery Island" is great too, I want to live there. Thank you so much for the beautiful art Greg, you rocked the Swap!

RVICTOR I'm sorry I forgot to put the hanger on. I hope it brings good memories of Hawaii.

C
cy posted on Mon, Feb 9, 2015 7:20 PM

I'm very pleased with the newest addition to the "Wall that Anthony Built", shown with my two other pieces. It looks better in person, great work!!

Cy!!!!!

I am so thrilled with my package! Your swap piece is HUGE and beautiful and I love the colors, the orange and green are perfect together! :)

Thanks so much for my sweatshirt and the long sleeved t-shirt for the hubby. That was BEYOND sweet of you. We both love them and will wear them with tiki pride. Again, the green was a big hit!

Mahalo, mahalo, MAHALO!!!

xoxoxo
Lori

CY I'm stoked you like it this was a weird swap subject. I liked it just couldn't pick a direction.

Lori I love the platter its in the middle of our new dinning room table.

Mike thank you again for running a great swap can't wait to do it again.

This is awesome
Everything looks great......

T

Jon, I was in the middle of moldmaking in my garage- where your Swap pieces will hang- I'm currently clearing out the space to show off your work (& SewTiki's). Sorry for the delay!

Anthony, the color of the platter matches your dining room tablecloth pretty well! The other platter is sitting on my dining room table as I type. :)

Cy - I'm enjoying your piece in my family room at the moment. when NJ thaws and and the snow melts it will make it's way to the hut where it will reside with it's friends. Spring, where are you??????

Tu your box was shipped yesterday and should be at your home on Thursday. Thank you for your patience while we were on our trip. I look forward to my box arriving too. Cheers, Wendy

PS see PM for tracking number

T

Finally hung up the awesome swizzle display from Jon, and SewTiki's Tiki Bob- I'm still finding the perfect spot for the other goodies in the home bar. Thanks so much, love everything- another great Swap!

David- looks kool
Glad they made it in 1 piece
Can't wait to have a grog in your killer bar some day

Jon

T
TU posted on Thu, Feb 19, 2015 5:53 PM

Thanks for the great painting Wendy...it is even more amazing on the wall!!!

I love it!

Hi TU, guess who stole your swap art from me! He'll find a good place to hang your very cleaver art.
Thank you, Wendy and Dan

Great swap all
Nice beard Dan-0
Got 1 going myself

Subliminal message to our leader:

When's da next swap? :)

Jon I was thinking about starting first of May. That gives us 3 months to work on an end of July Swap in time for Tiki Oasis!

S

I'll be in the U.S. from the end of May to just after Oasis. Hmmmm......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 433 replies