Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Marina Farms (in Culver City)

Pages: 1 10 replies

I'm writing this because I think this board should know this place exists. For those of you in the area this market is unbelievable...as far as the amount of fruit and unique nectars they offer. Outside of a farmer's market I don't know that you'll find something better. The place is called Marina Farms it's in between Culver Blvd. and Jefferson Blvd. on Centinela. (Extremely close to the Beverage Warehouse). There's also a store called Aloha in that area but I've yet to check it out. Granted this store primarily deals with only fruits and Honey's and the like ... this is not a place to buy alcohol. I just wanted to post it because I have a hunch that several on this board will think it's sweet.

TB

[ Edited by: Tiki Baron on 2003-07-28 14:09 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Baron on 2003-07-28 18:09 ]

I don't live too far from there.
What are its hours and is it open on the weekend?

Most importantly, what is the 411 on Aloha?

Until a year ago I lived very near "aloha" Can't give you much info as it was never open!!

Here's a general Link to city search's description of Marina Farms:

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/review/95759/editorial/?cslink=cs_profile_tabs_editorial_review

I just called them and basically Mon-Sunday they are open from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm. Again I preface this by saying there's nothing really "tiki" about it...but the exotic fruit most likely will come in handy for exotic beverages.

T.B.

[ Edited by: Tiki Baron on 2003-07-29 15:10 ]

Tiki Baron:

Thank you. I will check it out.

You are quite right about my type of tiki cocktail:

tropical fruits and frutit juices mixed with chilled rum with an umbrella inserted on the tiki mug.

Also, maybe I can now stop paying $2-4 per smoothie.

On 2003-07-28 22:02, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Until a year ago I lived very near "aloha" Can't give you much info as it was never open!!

That's my other store in L.A. I'm so busy down here in O.C. with Bamboo Ben (you know, open Sat & Sunday ) that I just can't get up there to open my Aloha store! (you know, with my regular 9-5 day job)

Also just south on Centinela on the corner of Jefferson is a small place and guy sells great "Tiki" or Balinese Furniture. He has some weird hours but usually open during the week, during the day. - Next dumb ? where is the BevMo out here?

Pacific Andy:

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

RevBambooBen:

Are you serious?
While I appreciate you can't be two places at once, you are depriving the LA residents easy access to tiki.

Share the wealth. We need "Aloha" to be opened.

On 2003-07-30 07:55, RevBambooBen wrote:

That's my other store in L.A. I'm so busy down here in O.C. with Bamboo Ben (you know, open Sat & Sunday ) that I just can't get up there to open my Aloha store!

RBB,

Seriously? On Washington near Overland. If so we should talk!

AC

On 2003-07-31 11:11, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

On 2003-07-30 07:55, RevBambooBen wrote:

That's my other store in L.A. I'm so busy down here in O.C. with Bamboo Ben (you know, open Sat & Sunday ) that I just can't get up there to open my Aloha store!

RBB,

Seriously? On Washington near Overland. If so we should talk!

AC

Seriously? no. But, I had a dream the other night of opening up a store on Melrose! (or was that a nightmare!?!)

Where are these places?

I only was able to locate Boardwalk Realty, some empty land designated for a housing development and then a hotel (Radisson?)

Pages: 1 10 replies