Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Pele Bar at Barefoot Bay - New 3D Tour

Pages: 1 2 3 120 replies

T

So would you say you did not like the way the concrete stain looked when applied Mike?

If not I want to add that fact to the best and worst things I did to my tiki space thread.

Also, liquid chlorine or liquid shock is really cheap even after this crazy price hike on everything at about $5.00 bucks a gallon, anyway it cleans concrete really well.

I just wet the area to be cleaned, then spray the liquid chlorine on that area and wait for about half hour or so if it is really hot keep area wet then use a broom to scrub area a bit, spray off area, and boom it's clean.

Now you just sealed your concrete so it might not work on new sealed stuff like yours but heck it looks good so no need.

BUT next time you will know.

Also all you people in areas that have the kind of rain and trees on your roofs of your home this is a great way to clean that mold and moss that is growing on your roof, it's out there go look. Even cleans that moss mold on your fences and side of the house it kills the moss but take care it will kill all green plants it they get too much on them.

So what that will do is the moss will grow roots into your shingles and then deteriorate your roof faster.

We do our roof every other year, but it needs it every year.

T

Oh yeah is that a jeep in your yard with skeletons?

Love it!

Looking good Maddoggy. I hadn't seen the Cocktail Umbrella lamp. I LOVE THAT!!!!

Skip when I originally stained the concrete I applied a sealer. It looked great but I used a California compliant water based sealer and it didn't last long. I think the biggest detriment was overspray from the sprinklers onto the patio. Over the years the daily dose of water evaporated leaving the mineral deposits. They were really hard to get off. I will try the chlorine next time. I have readjusted the sprinklers so hopefully I won't have that problem again. Here in the desert we don't have a problem with mold but I can see how it could be a problem in wetter areas. As far as would I stain my concrete again - definitely! At it's best it looks amazing. At it's very worst it looks like it did before I stained it.

Yes I have the Suzuki jeep and Phineas in my backyard, glad you enjoy him. I make a bunch of drunken memes with him that I post to his Facebook page. I should start him a thread in the Ohana section here. LOL

Thanks GROG! Yes, I had WAY TOO MANY cocktail umbrellas LOL So I glued them to a white Chinese lantern, coated it with ModgePodge, and dropped a string of Christmas lights inside

Been a few months since I did a virtual walk-through "digital twin". Wanted to get in one more before the plants and grass go dormant for the winter :(

https://www.mgilbert.net/PeleBar360.html should redirect you to the latest version

[ Edited by MadDogMike on 2023-05-29 10:34:50 ]

New "digital twin", tried to capture the nighttime vibe.

Pele Bar at Night

Cool space and VR tour!

Thank you Sir!

Working on a new project for Barefoot Bay. 1) I had an area that didn't want to grow grass and 2) I had an idea to make a fake lake with blue landscape rock. My grassless patch seemed to be the perfect place for it.

I couldn't find any blue landscape rocks so I decided to make some. Started with bagged white crushed marble. Dumped 2 bags in the cement mixer (0.4 ft3 each) with 2 cups of water to facilitate even coating and spun it for a minute. Then added a cup of blue exterior latex paint and tumbled it for about 5 minutes until evenly coated. Seems to work out well, colors the rocks without causing them to clump together. I don't know how long it will last but exterior paint will last 20 years on a wall. I'm 65, if this lasts 20 years I won't care anymore.

Put down some black plastic to help keep the weeds and grass out, then plastic landscape edging. I needed a couple walkways in the area so I added wooden "docks"

Added some posts and placed a bid on 100 feet of 1 inch rope.

I've got lots of plans for details. Some "wildlife", a fake waterfall, a water effect light projector, a sign that says "Loko Ho'opunipuni" ("fake lake" in Hawaiian), maybe some menehunes fishing, etc.

Don't forget the rock fish and the stone crab. Great idea!

Nice progress. Love this idea!

coldwarspacemonkey and maulrat thanks :D
A little more progress. Why do these things always cost more than you anticipate? LOL I'm about 200 bucks into just the rocks and I'm not even halfway done.
image000000

All done! Took a lot more rock than I expected LOL

Hawaiian for "Fake Lake" 2

Nighttime view

BREAKING NEWS - Our plastic flamingos have made a nest and laid 2 eggs. We are expecting flaminglets in 31 days! 401200714_3716848435226919_7653000878529078361_n

M

Best news I’ve heard all day!

LOL, thanks maulrat

New virtual tour of the Pele Bar at Barefoot Bay. New items to look for - the fake lake and waterfall, scorpion cage, and octopus are

https://mgilbert.net/PeleBar360.html

Wow!

Those are fun cwsm :)

OGR

The "estate" looks great Mike...BTW, flaminglets are just the cutest

OGR

The "estate" looks great Mike...BTW, flaminglets are just the cutest

Thanks OGR? :D

N

Those rootball Tikis are amazingly cool! I wish I could find something like that up here.

Nurbel that one was carved in the 80s by my brother in law. It literally weighs half a ton LOL I had to hire someone to come in with a lift to stand it up :D

Pages: 1 2 3 120 replies