Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TiKi

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

WOW!!! Where's that beauty lurking about?

That TiKi resides at The Harbor Hut In Morro Bay, California. There are a couple other tikis there. The large one by the entrance had been moved/damaged last time we visited (6-8 months ago)

T

This one is also inside the Jasmine Tree in Portland along with the other two members of the "cannibal trilogy".

Hi Bongo,

I thought that was the Harbor Hut when I saw it. Sad to hear one of the large tikis by the entrance is missing. Would you be willing to add this to the Locating Tiki thread if you have time? I'm sure other TC'ers from out of town would love to be able to find the Harbor Hut on their next visit to the Central California Coast.

Here's the Kon-Tiki Ports menu from Cleveland, showing the same tiki and his brothers:

Sabu

Here is an old postcard from HH

On 2003-07-30 12:14, bongofury wrote:
That TiKi resides at The Harbor Hut In Morro Bay, California. There are a couple other tikis there. The large one by the entrance had been moved/damaged last time we visited (6-8 months ago)

D'OH!

I stayed in Morrow Bay while driving from LA to SF back in April... and I couldn't find the Harbor Hut - I was about to update the TBRP/TRT to say it was gone... WHERE IS IT???

signed,
Marooned in Morrow

Harbor Hut is at the northern end of Embarcadero Drive (1205), past all the tourist gift shops.

T

Don't worry much about missing it. Apart from the tiki or 2 outside there is nothing remotely tiki inside anymore. It's just a basic harborside seafood joint. The lobby does have some old pictures of the place that made me wish it was still like it was. I had a few drinks which all were pretty bad and I ate outside at the less expensive crab shack.

Pages: 1 8 replies