Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

summer art swap: the enchanted tiki room!!!! Ends August 1st

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 427 replies

Cy and I did our swap at his Oasis booth. So great when you can swap in person and catch a few minutes catching up. Great art and so good to see you my friend :)

Look at those two studs...

(It was great to see you both at Oasis)

I got a few photos of another swap at Oasis

Two very happy women. I was so thrilled to know that my mug was SewTiki's first tiki mug.
You sewed creation was my first of the kind too. What a wonderful swap.

Thank you hang10tiki for the photos, you are terrific, Wendy

Z

Sent!

C
cy posted on Wed, Aug 19, 2015 9:08 PM

Thanks for coming to San Diego to swap pieces MDM, it's always a pleasure to see you and Theresa. Mine has not made it past the kitchen counter yet and looks like he may get a bit testy if I move him from his proximity to our pineapple lamp.

S

Wendy, I love my mug! I will post pics tonight .

It was a fun experience participating in this
art swap.

[ Edited by: SewTiki 2015-08-20 20:40 ]

Huge package received from IDoVooDoo today
:)

Fit perfect on top of the cabinets below the extra mug shelves

hang10tiki, that looks great. I need a place with good lighting to display ours. One day we will visit again to see them in person. Wendy

Very nice, fit right in!

I'm pacing anxiously to hear what bitterfishies thinks of Tangaroa-Ru! (Tracking says it was delivered on Monday)

The pillow has been integrated into our lifestyle.

Z

Still scanning the horizon for my Ms. in a bottle.......

Did everyone get the goods?

Thank Jon, I haven't followed up on that

Nothing on the horizon yet...

:(

I got Tangaroa-Ru! Sorry, I had a rather nasty bug and have been sleeping and zoning out a lot. I"ll try to take photo's soon!

Get well soon Bruddah

Z

...Still scanning the horizon.....
O.O
^^^

R

Zerotiki - I sent him a PM about 1-2 weeks ago as well...nothing but crickets.

Just heard from TTD...ship in progress.

it still ain't here.

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2015-11-03 21:58 ]

WHOOOHOOO!!! That will button up our Swap. Time to start a new one in a couple months :D

When you hurry through life, you just get to the end faster.
Pirate Ship Tree House

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2015-09-21 09:24 ]

Hi Ohana,

I received my carving from hang10tiki, and it's amazing! I apologize for not posting a pic; Life has been really crazy lately. The Tiki Torture Travel Lounge is going thru a re-model, (I tore out the bar that was never being used,) but I will post a pic of his temporary home tonight!

Cheers!

Voodoo

MadDogMike you like to keep us busy, in a very good way!!! Love the swaps, Wendy

PS IDoVooDoo are you posting the remodel on the Tiki Bar thread? I better check.

SewTiki your wonderful art ended up in the Buzzy Bedroom. If you come to visit you and hang10tiki may stay in this room and we wanted you to be able to see your art again.

Cheers, Wendy

S

Awesome! He looks happy in his new home.

Looks good it its new home

I

I dislike it when my pictures are improperly oriented. But my Tiki is rad!

Idoo

Glad u like

And so he doesn't fall off the table I'll spin him for u

Z

Okay.... new update.

Still waiting on my piece.

It is November.

I am officialy well and truly Bummed.

~Zero
UPDATE:
ErichTroudt has decided to wend a swap item my way, since my original swapper kind of dissipated into the ether. What a great guy, and a beautiful example of being a overall cool dude.

SEND ErichTroudt ALL OF YOUR MAHALOS! I know he has mine!
~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2015-11-06 10:51 ]

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2015-11-07 10:56 ]

Zero, so sorry about that. Last I had heard it was "sent" in the middle of September. So glad that Erich has stepped up to the plate and is sending you something. Erich, you are a true gentleman!

Hey Zero, your piece is done. You wanna see a pic of it first before I mail it or just be surprised?
Should be mailed wednesday. Gonna let the stain smell air out first.

Erich

ET, you are the man...

Z

Surprise me, Kahuna.

~Zero

WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! Looks like this Swap is going to have a happy ending (I've seen a pic and it's way cool)!!! Thank you Erich.

Unfortunately this isn't the first time there has been an incident like this, I can think of 2 other times :( I have seen swaps where people are paired at the before the art is made and that is a recipe for disaster. Requiring a finished project before the drawing helps. Anyone have other suggestions? Maybe the Swap leader should collect phone numbers of all Swappers? How about requiring a deposit of your favorite/most valuable tiki mug :lol:

On 2015-11-09 06:44, MadDogMike wrote:
Unfortunately this isn't the first time there has been an incident like this, I can think of 2 other times :(

I know. I had a similar experience with a mug swap awhile back... and PsychoD jumped to the forefront that time. It does illustrate the degree of awesomeness that some show. You gents epitomize the spirit of Aloha.
Mahalos.
~Z

I second that!

Got my parcel from the amazing Mr. Troudt via the tradewinds. Beautiful!

YAAHHHOOOOO!!! That's a message with a happy ending!

Glad to see the swap has a happy ending! I was getting worried, I had been following the thread since the beginning.

Thanks to ErichTroudt for being the hero of the day!

I second that! Eric is wonderful. Wendy

Eric- u da man...

Thanks all, but I'm just glad the swap is complete now and it all came out even.

Thanks MDM for running it. good times.

Erich

Eric,

You have a good eye for art and very skillful hands.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 427 replies