Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, Orlando, FL (restaurant)

Pages: 1 14 replies

Name:Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar
Type:restaurant
Street:Walt Disney World
City:Orlando
State:FL
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Tropical bar announced that is based in world of Indiana Jones. Will feature the Hovito Mojito. Wouldn't be surprised if Tiki Farm supplies mugs the way they did for Trader Sam's.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/jock-lindsey's-hangar-bar/news/12may2015-jock-lindsey's-hangar-bar-officially-announced-for-disney-springs.htm

I'm waiting to see if there will be any tiki here - the article describes this as "aviation themed" and not tropical per se. But there's plenty of opportunity for some tropical or tiki to make an appearance, but not at all front-and-center. So I'm not holding my breath.

I think this will be an interesting place, as Disney has done VERY well with this type of bric-a-brac theming at several venues in their parks.

My guess is that the opening is not too far away - Disney desperately needs some whiz-bang appeal for the new Disney Springs "mall."

Trader Sam's Part II. I'm excited. DPB already confirmed that mugs are on the way!

And there goes the neighborhood... The continued Disneyfication of mug collecting! heh...

K

Yeah I was going to chime in...zero tropical aspect to it from my perspective. I question whether "themed bar" belongs here to be honest.

A purely "themed bar" which is not tiki would not belong here; I am willing to wait and see if any of the décor qualifies. There may be some little thing(s) to surprise us. I would not have started the thread, personally, until I knew it contained something to qualify for Tiki Central.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of the thread creator. The moderators can decide if any action is needed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the place.

On 2015-05-13 16:05, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
Trader Sam's Part II. I'm excited. DPB already confirmed that mugs are on the way!

Wow really? Where did he confirm this?

On 2015-05-21 08:03, TrophyHunter wrote:

On 2015-05-13 16:05, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

Wow really? Where did he confirm this?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-to-open-this-fall-at-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-worldresort/

Comment 13!

K

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/menus/

Jock Lindsey's opens today. The drink menu is interesting, but nothing I personally would be excited about. Here are some of my thoughts:

Non-Alcoholic
-Antidote (Shirley Temple)
-Poisonless Dart (Nojito)

Alcoholic
-Singapore Sling (props to having this on the menu and with Benedictine at that)
-Bitter Barkeep (Pisco Sour)
-Bedtime Story (Ginger Lemonade Highball?)
-Air Pirate's Mule (Mule)
-Anything Goes/Bam's Barnstormer (listed as the same ingredients which is a mistake, but basically Grog Grotto's Tahitian Torch only with pineapple juice instead of POG juice)
-Wrong Island! (Long Island)

Overall my impression is that there are some definite hits and misses. The misses are likely Disney originals while the hits are classic and timeless drinks.

At least two really good things are coming out of the opening of Jock's:

1. A fun new bar on a Disney property -- with "staying power." Disney's venues don't often open and then quickly go out-of-business like so many of the downtown Orlando venues. Aku Aku in the Lake Eola district is an exception -- if you want good tiki in Orlando, minus all the Disney wrappings, consider visiting them one night instead of Jock's or Sam's. Order a Tiger F**ker and tell them I sent you. They won't know who the hell I am, but you'll get a good drink.

2. Hurray that more of Disney's guests are getting exposed to complex cocktails, both good and not-so-good. Any appearance of a place that serves more than just beers and rum-and-cokes helps our cause.

Let me know how it goes. I'm waiting until the crowds settle down before I set foot in Jock's. We'd all like to see some photos too. And maybe a mugshot or two?

:drink:

F

Love the concept they've come up with (but Raiders is one of my favorite movies of all-time), but i am highly dubious of there being much "tiki" here. No doubt it would be easy to slip in an "artifact" or two somewhere though.

Reggie's Revenge cocktail- love name but the drink sounds.....well, not even fit for a pet snake.

On 2015-09-22 13:23, AceExplorer wrote:
...Order a Tiger F**ker and tell them I sent you. They won't know who the hell I am, but you'll get a good drink.

THAT was funny!

It looks cool.

Another bar built on old shipping crates? where's the cannibals with blowguns
Large snakes & spiders, busted up cargo planes, shady Algerians in fezzes?
You call that an Adventure bar? and yes, there is no Tiki :lol:

Yeah, looks like very little Tiki, but more of something you'd find in Disneyland's 1930's skewed Adventureland. Looks fun.

Pages: 1 14 replies