Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Here are a few of my recently carved tikis

Pages: 1 2 76 replies

WC

You're on fire.
What happened to that 7 ft fatty we saw in Oct.?

Thanks Will. I think this is the one you were asking about. This is the biggest one that I have done to date "Kon" is just over 7'. He is a fraction of the one you are currently working on though. I can't wait to see your finished product!

You've got a lot of good looking projects going on there. Keep them coming.

K
Keylo posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2016 8:58 PM

Just looking at all that big timber makes my back ache! If your giant fish eating tiki doesn't have a fishing license you'd better keep him out of site when the Fish and Game warden come by. Ditto on the big cool turtle.

K
Keylo posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2016 8:58 PM

Some how got a double post going. But keep up the good work Tuga.

[ Edited by: Keylo 2016-02-07 11:32 ]

Finished up this guy this morning. I have decided to call him "Tattoo". His head is mostly covered with graphics and so is his left chest giving the appearance of tattoos. He even has a tattoo sleeve on his left arm. They will show up better once I'm able to get the stain and finish on him. It's 32 degrees today so that will have to wait. Tattoo stands 4 feet tall and is approximately 175 lbs currently, but will lighten up as he dries out. Tattoo is also about 20" in diameter, now thats some girth!. Stay warm and tiki on!

C
cy posted on Mon, Feb 15, 2016 1:18 PM

Nice Tuga!

Very Cool!

Looking Good!

Kudos go you. You're doin the carvers proud.

Thanks guys!

Nice 1 Bruddah

This is a "2Faced" tiki that I did this morning. Its a little different from my original sketch, but that's cool. Tiki work is fluid and sometimes you just go where the wood takes you, whether it's north or south! Stay tiki my friends.

D
domin posted on Wed, Feb 24, 2016 9:57 AM

nicely done, i like your tattoo guy as well he reminds me of the martians from mars attacks, or maybe Jeff Dunams Akmed the terrorist puppet

I can totally see that!

Ever felt as if someone was watching you?

H

I like how he is watching you hehe, nice carving.

Haven't carved much in the last few weeks, been getting ready for the fishing season to start up. I did get this guy painted up though.

Thanks to these young ladies for taking time to model with my tikis prior to heading off to prom.

Good looking Tikis and I like the vibe of your patio area.

I finally got around to finishing Tattoo this weekend. He stands approximately 4 1/2' tall and weighs about 250 lbs. He looks pretty cool guarding the back door too. Aloha and stay tiki my friends.

Finally got around to finishing this guy. It wasn't meant to resemble two monkeys, but sometimes things just end up that way..... Stay Tiki!

Here are a few tikis that I've done either while in Virginia Beach, Virginia or for my sister in-law in Va Beach. Sure do love the east coast, good times with friends and family! Stay tiki.

Five Hour Tiki! Getting faster!

H

Nice carve.

Here is a tiki i did this past weekend.

C
cy posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2016 8:02 AM

Looks great Tuga!

How tall is the last one? Still want to check out your tikis first hand one of these days...we're almost neighbors.

Pages: 1 2 76 replies