Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki Wood Stove

Pages: 1 9 replies

Okay... I grant you that this is not meant to be a tiki stove, but just look at this thing!

It's described in the original Remodelista piece as "a Scandinavian woodstove," but my first thought was it's a moai/suffering bastard mash-up. I guess we see what we want to see.

Ha ha ha. Cool. We have one of those in our yurt! It's a Jotul Combifire (wood or coal) from the 70s. :)

Come on down to the Hokulani Lounge! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hokulani-Lounge/1110336148981097

[ Edited by: KonaKaiBaby 2015-10-28 12:33 ]

Looks tiki to me.
Cheers

:)

Yeah it's a Jotul. I always assumed they designed them that way on purpose. I have always seen them referred to as 'tiki stoves'. They pop up on Craigslist often; a nice one can be expensive.

I believe that one is a Combifire #4, which has the taller, skinnier moai-ish look. Ours is a Combifire #1--shorter and squatter. Kind of a chubby little tiki :)

W

That thing is too cool

I know this is an Old thread..

Ever hear of wood stove / fireplace called Glo Fire
out of Hartford CT
Michagan
Elisnore California

Looks just like this one not a Jotul

W

Although I've no advice on the stove topic, the tiki appearance of this stove reminded me of this find I came across recently. What would you guess it is? It is nothing stove or indoors related.....

BB

Omigosh! There's one for sale next town over! Problem is, I would have nowhere to put it ;_;

Edit: Aaand it's already sold. Dang.

[ Edited by: Bam Bam 2020-03-19 14:05 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies