Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Bahooka, Rosemead, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies

Bahooka was bought and converted to the Moonlight Bar & Restaurant, then that went under, and now it's the Cinnabar Restaurant & Bar. Below is a pic from Google Maps. I'm still surprised how "Moonlight" had so many glowing 4 and 5-star reviews on Yelp and then still went under. They way people wrote about it you'd a thunk that the place was the only Asian restaurant in all of Los Angeles. Me thinks that someone pumped up the place with glowing reviews and Yelp just can't tell the difference between real and fake. But we'll never know maybe, other than the bad press from the whole Rufus incident, the rest of the place was a good spot.

On 2014-12-09 16:57, Dustycajun wrote:
Ahhh, Bahooka. A little remembrance today with a souvenir menu from my collection

Miss the old gal.

DC

Found today at my favorite junk store. Judging by the food prices this one is a skosh bit later than yours Scott. Do you know the approximate dates when these were used?

Anyone here know Action Jackson?

I finally saw "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" over the weekend. I forgot all about the several interior and exterior shots of the Bahooka, and the shots of Rufus, what a ham.

These popped up over on facebook, in a Cramps fanpage:

"Writer, Jac Zinder shows Lux and Poison Ivy souvenir matches and postcards at Bahooka Tiki bar in Rosemead, Ca.

Lindsay Bare Photography April 10, 1994.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies