Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Seasons of Tiki Art Swap - DONE!!! Swap results page 23

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies

Josh, as long as we are "thinking outside the box" with the seasons theme - you could go all Rose Parade on it and glue different colored spices on it. Cinnamon bark, coriander, pepper corns, turmeric... :wink:

The kiln was opened this morning and this was on the top shelf:

I like some tiles better than others although I wish I'd added a little more green to the palm leaves after I did the black "Antiquing." If I have green in the glazes that can be baked in the oven I may add some. Now to figure out the mounting of the piece. I'll be making the deadline. :) WHEW!

WHOOOHOOOO. Looks great Lori

TikiDaye tells me he is still working on a piece that he hopes to finish in time

Joshua- like everyone said
Amazing how u can make a box into killer art
Um, I'd say it looks like a salt n pepper shaker
That's "season" enough
:)

MadMan- lookin good sir
Almost done

Ano- ya have to try the Pineapple Sculpin it's good
Nice video

Lori- glad they survived
I like em
Glad you are in :)

TikiDaye- go, go, go...

T

Lori, looks great! I like the look of the green. Awesome work.

Joshua, I'd agree with Hang10- a few "holes" on the top, salt shaker--> done! :wink:

Jon, will check it out. I keep missing BP's tap takeovers with all of their (many) versions of their beers....

How many DayZ to go?

Joshua Bell that's a wonderful tiki as is, please swap. It's the season of tiki every day in our home.

LoriLovesTiki you did it!!! Terrific.

My tiki is boxed and ready to ship.

MadDogMike will you draw names on the 29th or the 1st?

Wendy

C
cy posted on Sat, Feb 27, 2016 3:31 PM

Aloha, MDM, LLT, I would be proud to swap with all of you, great work and Joshua Bell it seems unanimous, submit whatever you get done.

Well if y'all are gonna pressure me...

Okay, here's the start of a redo. I'll try and get him skinned in time.

Looks great Josh! I like the planter in the background too!
Wendy technically the Swap ends the 29th at midnight so I won't draw until Monday morning at the earliest. That said, I may have to beg for a day extension. Things didn't go as planned and I didn't get mine in the kiln this morning. Hoping to fire this evening but will be probably need to fire one more time.

AlohaStation I was working backwards to see what I missed and I found your necklace. That's a very manly size with a fun design.

MadDogMike I watched the whole revival video just now and I can't figure out how if applies to your fabulous mug. I hope you supply more information soon.

Oh and since you are running the show an extension is really up to you. We'll patiently wait until you are ready.

Cheers, Wendy

Sorry Wendy - there's no connection except the word "revival" :(
Well, and I love Tiki and Ray Stevens - that's a connection too :)

JBell- glad you are in
I like the planter too, wink wink :)
Mike- you are our leader
I can repost "1 more day " as many days as you need

:lol: Thanks Jon :lol:

Well MadDogMike you be silly. I enjoyed the video and now I know this man's music. I liked the squirrel.

Wendy, Ray Stevens was a comedy singer in the 70s, had lots of good ones including The Streak, Ahab the Arab (which is not considered politically correct nowadays), and Along Came Jones

Just turned my kiln off, 1819F is good for ^06 but won't be able to open it until tomorrow morning.

Okay, that's better. First skin dried and sanded:

And second skin on:

And... uh... it's hollow so you can, uh... hide a spice jar inside? Yeah. Yeah, that's the ticket!

So... done! (Unless y'all vote me off the island.)

Joshua Bell I want #1 or #2. Just sprinkle so paprika on it and then some spray varnish???

I'm one voting you in. Wendy

Definitely in

I vote IN.

My piece is done but boy is it heavy! It might be cheaper for me to fly it to it's recipient!

Edited to add that Mike, take as much time as you need and that the blue looks much better in person, it's not too opaque. It's actually my favorite.

Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2016-02-28 17:53 ]

Very cool Josh!!! Glad you decided to join.

Wow Lori you really made something spectacular. Wendy

Lori, I forgot to comment on yours :( Finished project looks GREAT! Glad you found your inspiration!

Lori- that came out great.......

T

Joshua, looks great. I think there's a plethora of ideas to make your piece fit in perfectly to this Swap's theme. In other words, "in."

Mike...

and since you're the leader, i say all good. Besides, it's a leap day anyway, so the 29th is kind of a made up kinda day, right? Right? Maybe? (I just got off of a 15 hr work day, so slightly out of it).

Lori, love it!

"I can repost "1 more day " as many days as you need "

ha ha ha, I'm with Jon.

Or

Survived firing #2. Has a glaze skip on the inside but I was going to fire again so I should get that taken care of. Need to put a brown wash on one of the tikis and clear glaze on 3 of them. Back to the kiln tonight at Low, change to Med in the morning, then to Hi when I get off work. Turn it off before bed and open Weds morning (one day late) There are 2 others who haven't posted final works yet (I am in contact with them), hopefully the extra day will help them too :)

A little history as I remember it. Seems like all the Tikis I saw in the 60s, the background around the features was painted black or burned with a torch. Maybe that was just the Tiki carvers in my area? That's why I have done the "Golden" Tiki that way. But I don't see that much anymore so the "Revival" Tiki will be different.

Great colors
Inside n out

Mike,

I love the glaze on the inside! Your mug looks great. :)

MadDogMike we need photos of all four sides. Is the interior spotted kiwi? I just bought a pint when Woody asked for a mug done in that glaze. Did you pour it in and out? How long did you leave it for?

Great mug, Wendy

T

Mike, that's purdy. Send to San Diego. It can keep your crocodile company. :)

Holy cow, we made it to the end of the Swap. Um, okay, we ALMOST made it to the end of the Swap. Almost.

so that's

Thanks guys. Into the kiln for one last time (hopefully :lol: ) and out Wednesday morning. Hard to tell from this angle but the mug just barely clears the lid of the kiln!

Wendy, I have always poured the glaze inside the mugs (like Babalu taught me). But I saw someone had used a crystal glaze inside a mug (was it you?) so I decided to give it a shot. This one is Mayco Blue Azure CG962, I brushed it on in 2 coats

T

Nice Mike! I want that! :) :)

Thanks BigT :)

MadDogMike I always pour in my glazes. When they have crystals I first fill the mug with water and then pour it out. I let it sit for 30 minutes and then pour in the glaze. If the bisque isn't wet it will grab a half jar of glaze and then it's stuck for good.

Your mug is looking so good. Wendy

Mike- it was the same temp here in Vegas yesterday

I know what you mean John!

About one more hour and I'll turn it off :)

T

"waiting on Mike...." :wink:

Look forward to seeing this mug come out of the kiln.....

Tick tock tick tock

LOL :lol:

I checked the kiln before I came to work tonight but it was still 250 degrees, still too hot to open. I probably won't be home to open the kiln until 11:00 tomorrow morning

Wendy - Finished

Jon - Finished

Anthony - Finished

Cy - Finished

TikiAno - Finished

AlohaStation - Finished

Lori - Finished

TheBigT - Finished

Joshua Bell - Finished

MadDog - In progress

Stevekh - I am desperately trying to contact Steve. He has the finished graphic done but I need a picture of it printed and stretched :(

TikiDaye - Tells me that unless a miracle occurs tonight he won't be participating. Sounds like he needs some shoemaker's elves

That will give us 11 swappers if I can get Steve in.

Kool
So
Name pick at 11:01am tomorrow?

Yep :D

A day of excitement. We will be at lunch at that time so I'll check this out when we return and call it desert. Thank you Mike. It's always so much fun to see the art lined up. Wendy

1hr 46 min to go

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies