Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki in London England

Pages: 1 11 replies

R

We're on our way to jolly old England in September & looking for Tiki tips! Any must do's in London? Thanks :)

J

You may want to start with this reference: https://critiki.com/destinations/?city_id=64

Critiki is the one-stop shop for all tiki travel anywhere in the world!

Just a reminder that London is a huge city and you may find it difficult to just "drop in" and check out a bar. You might want to call places well ahead of time and see if they take some kind of reservation.

And I know that it's not tiki, but I really, really enjoyed hanging out here:

http://www.cityoflondondistillery.com/

It's a very well hidden place, but everything about it was delightful!

Trailer Park Happiness and Trader Vics are both great. Avoid the Mahiki like the plague. Maybe contact the gang at Cheekytiki they are very welcoming and have get togethers on Friday.

There are 2 more places we never made it to. Sugarcane was one.

Best by far is Trader Vic's not too much change since its opening Also you could go to the British Museum to see the Moai, Gerry's In Soho for a great booze fix and the New Zealand Embassy in the foyer check out the giant Moari, trailer is a great bar not Tiki strictly speaking but a must visit, there a few cheeky Tiki designed bars around already mentioned, Plenty of great non Tiki historic bars too like the American bar at the ritz etc but very pricey. Would love to come up and visit you but we are coming over to Hawaii and SOCAl when you over here!!

P

I'm a newcomer to tiki and I'm already planning tiki visits during my travels!

I'll be in Cambridge for work the last week of July and then I'll have a couple days to myself in London. Critiki lists some venues, such as the classic Trader Vic's, and Mahiki. Reviews are mixed.

In previous UK trips I've been to fun and historic pubs (e.g. Cheshire Cheese), but this time I'd like to focus on tiki.

Current recommendations? I'll visit a minimum of two.

Trailer Happiness is the best and easiest to get into. All the rest are really exclusive. The Trailer Happiness folks were just at Hukilau and they are great!

If you are in Cambridge you could try LOLA LO. See website for more info.
It is more of a nightclub but if you go early evening you should be able to walk in and buy a drink.
They do have mugs available to buy.

P

On 2018-06-19 02:27, uk_chris123 wrote:
If you are in Cambridge you could try LOLA LO. See website for more info.
It is more of a nightclub but if you go early evening you should be able to walk in and buy a drink.
They do have mugs available to buy.

Cool! I searched for tiki bars in Cambridge and somehow didn't see this. Looks like a college party venue, but the mugs and some of the decor is neat. I'll definitely check it out once...or twice...

J

I'm going to be in London from Nov. 24-30, and staying just a couple of blocks from TV. Hope to meet local tikiphiles (or fellow travelers) while I'm there.

P

Will be in London for a week in May. First time. Can't wait to check out Trader Vic's!

I'll also be in Iceland for roughly 24 hours. If anyone knows of "MUST-SEE" tiki stuff there I'm all ears!

Pages: 1 11 replies