Name:Tiki
Type:bar
Street:102 S 13th St
City:Philadelphia
State:PA
Zip:19107
Phone:

Description:
A Tiki bar, simply named Tiki, by Jason Evanchik, the restaurateur who's built himself a little empire in Philly
http://tikiphilly.com/

Nice! I love Philadelphia, have worked and vacationed there and always find fun things to do.

Would enjoy seeing pictures here, and let us know how the drinks, food, and service are. If this place is really new, I'm sure it will take them a month or so to really hit a good stride.

On 2016-05-17 06:10, AceExplorer wrote:

Would enjoy seeing pictures here, and let us know how the drinks, food, and service are. If this place is really new, I'm sure it will take them a month or so to really hit a good stride.

It is supposed to open this month.They posted a picture of some garish cartoon looking tiki masks on the wall on inatagran and I comnented that they were disappointing, and they deleted the instagram account!

Let's hope they overcome their pre-opening jitters quickly, and that they open with not only good quality drinks and service but also a good quality interior. It's good you pointed out the garish tiki masks -- they may not understand good tiki, but only what the Party City crowd knows as tiki.

Do it once, do it right, and you have a good chance of surviving and making money. Do it on the cheap, cater to low-end crap impression of what tiki is, and you're more likely to end up on the scrap heap of the restaurant scene.

Too bad they deleted their Instagram account, but I understand not wanting negative publicity. I wonder if they're open to receiving pre-opening feedback elsewhere? If I was the guy funding the new place, I'd want as much private feedback as possible from potential future customers. I think that a nice well-crafted tiki bar would attract and hold the less-knowledgeable customers AND attract and hold the attention of the more knowledgeable folks like us on Tiki Central. It would be a shame for them to miss the opportunity to engage the local Philadelphia tikiphiles, cuz we spend lots of money in places where we can experience real tiki goodness.

Pages: 1 3 replies