Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Lili-Kai Club of Metro Detroit

Pages: 1 2 3 4 158 replies

We received our new tabletop for the booth, made again by The Underwood Shop on Etsy. He matched it to the coffee table top he made for us, and it looks great. The original formica top was dinner sized, so we decided to downsize to this 24" cocktail sized top. It will make getting into and out of the booth much easier, which was a big complaint from the wife.

Also, big changes on the doors! We painted the trim, painted the doors, replaced the handles, and added brass kickplates to the bottom of the doors. This was done mostly to cover up the old cat door that the previous owners had installed.

Thanks to our friend Tom for the suggestion of the brass kickplates. It was a lot less work than framing in a new door.

In addition, we mounted the custom signs we had made by Grayskunk on Etsy.

[ Edited by: Jeff Bannow 2017-09-20 07:52 ]

Received some new lamps for the bar from Alejandro Joe Munoz (TikiVato.)

The two round swag lamps were originally from Kelbo's in Los Angeles.

Wow, just wow. Fantastic work!

Love that Wendy mug
And the booth is freekin killer
Low balls: awesome!!!!!!!!

Wow it is great. Everything is really working out well. Who did your glasses?

On 2017-09-24 00:23, hang10tiki wrote:
Love that Wendy mug
And the booth is freekin killer
Low balls: awesome!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

On 2017-09-24 18:21, VampiressRN wrote:
Wow it is great. Everything is really working out well. Who did your glasses?

Thank you! Robert Jimenez did the design, and South Pacific Promotions did the printing. We are very happy with them.

Some new artwork has been hung.

The first we picked up in an art market in Havana, Cuba.

And the second is a giclee of "Mermaid and Sailor" by Mike Hoffman.

In order to clean our new glassware for the party, we set up an ad-hoc three part sink.

From right to left, hot soapy water, clean rinse water, and Steramine for sanitizing.

These are the bins we bought from the restaurant supply store.

And the final clean glassware.

Looks to me like you're loaded for bear as far as the party is concerned. Wish I was close enough to sample your hospitality!

I really like "Mermaid and Sailor" by Mike Hoffman. Looks like there's Frazetta influences there. Moody with some impressionistic elements, perfect for the subject matter.

Looking good. Where did you get the light up moai?

This is fantastic! I wish I had seen this thread earlier - I was just in Detroit in the beginning of October.

T

On 2017-10-11 18:40, jimsflies wrote:
Looking good. Where did you get the light up moai?

You can get the head here and then put a lamp in through the hole on the bottom;

https://www.amazon.com/EMSCO-Group-Easter-Island-Statue/dp/B00KWVK4PI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509983757&sr=8-2&keywords=easter%2Bisland%2Bhead&th=1

M

I found this incredible treasure trove of a thread today while looking for examples of people using tonga matting....

...And then spotted the Lili Kai Club featured in the book The Home Bar Guide to Tropical Cocktails! (Authors: Kelly Reilly and Tom Morgan)

Love that Kraken art above the wine rack! Who is that by?

Some great furniture pieces and potential for an incredible grotto! Love it! Check mine out on Intagram @shrunkenedz if you like :)

Keep it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 158 replies