Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Toilets

Pages: 1 26 replies

I just submitted a pic of the kahiki washroom to this lovely site - and thought if any of you have more tiki toilet action you could submit it too! I know someone had done up their home loo all tiki-style, I remember seeing pix back on the old Yahoo board.

Check it out!

http://www.restroomarchive.com/rra.php

Not full-on Tiki-Toilet action and I have a feeling this link has been posted before, but these are the toilet seats to be found in the South London Pacific loos.

http://www.wild-weekend.com/exotic/tikidecor/toiletseats.live

Trader Woody

I have have to figure out how to get my slides I took of the Book of Tiki wallpapered restrooms at the Blue Orchid in ElSegundo scanned so I can send one there. They did a really good job...

Didn't TikiChris or someone do their bathroom in tiki? Who was that? I remember seeing a few pics in the ole days.

Hey, for those of you who never were able to visit the Kahiki, I thought it was the most remarkable bathroom ever! The Moai's spit water out into a big shell and the little shells were handles.
The actual toilet stall was made of old looking wood with a porthole (mirror) on the door. It was dark, (red light above at one time) kinda creepie...so you would not want to stay in there too long.
But in all seriousness, the bathroom was one of those things you just had to see to really appreciate. Photos just don't do it justice.
Boy, I miss that place! :(
(No, not JUST the bathroom - the WHOLE place.)

The Purple Orchid has a great polynesian piss pot.

On 2002-07-10 20:29, the75stingray wrote:
Didn't TikiChris or someone do their bathroom in tiki? Who was that? I remember seeing a few pics in the ole days.

That was JonTiki... doesn't post too often around here but he still reads. Alas, he dismantled it and moved to some tikiless part of the country.

I think the pictures are still there over at the old Yahoo place. Venture over there at your own risk...

~Hanford

no pics, but i do have a tiki bathroom. i'll try to take some pics.

in other tiki toilet news:

the toilet seats & covers (in the men's room anyways) at south london pacific here in london are of tiki design.

JT

The Tiki Toilet was my daily spot of meditation in my San Francisco apartment... Alas, we were evicted by a new owner and took the opportunity to try something completely different.

You can find the history and some old pics of the tiki toilet at: http://www.jonblossom.com/projects/tikitoilet/tikitoilet.htm

-Jon Tiki

[ Edited by: Jon Tiki on 2002-07-11 13:29 ]

Here's a review of the Adventureland restrooms in Disneyland:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/adventureland.html#anchor1086660

:tiki:

Trader Pup

visit Traderpup.com

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-07-11 13:54 ]

Tiki Jon- Ah yes...that is the one I remember.
Thanks for the reply. (Shame on me for not remembering the name for obvious reasons!)
Your bathroom is still awesome, if only in memory and on the web.

Thanks again. Enjoyed the link!
-C.
:sheckymug:

E

I wanted to bump this topic back up as I would love to see some tiki style bathrooms. Anyone have some fresh working pictures to share?
Thanks

I thought we were the only ones...My husband is actually carving a cover for the tank that looks like a tiki. The seat is carved in Maori-type relief and coated with a ton of some sort of plastic emulsion (my Dad owns a plastics biz). Hubby's next project/dream is to make a tiki urinal. He thinks it'd be geat to piz into tiki's mouth. Sacrilegious heathen!

E

I love it! Excellant idea! Come on folks, I know somebody out there has some pictures. Show us your tiki bathrooms.

Martiki has the Mai Kai Krapper, he should post pics.

Now if only it would play Aloha Oe when ya flushed.

I think mrs. miley is the resident Mai Kai bathroom expert.

G

I'll have to take some photos 'n' add 'em to the thread tomorrow. The bathroom is our only full-scale "tiki" room in the house.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

M

On 2005-03-07 19:24, purple jade wrote:
I think mrs. miley is the resident Mai Kai bathroom expert.

It is true that the Mensroom attendent ans I are "tight". He even "comp'd" my pee once!!!

The Powder Room area of the Mai Kai:

Now I wish I'd taken a picture of that fuschia toilet in the parking lot across the street from my work!

You guys haven't seen the video that the King made of SCD entitled, "Tiki Tales From The Scorpion Bowl"? It's all over the internet. I had to pay to watch it (couldn't find a pirated download). Highly recommended!

(pics compliments/stolen from Tiki-Bot :))

G

On 2005-03-07 19:31, gwenners wrote:
I'll have to take some photos 'n' add 'em to the thread tomorrow. The bathroom is our only full-scale "tiki" room in the house.

As promised, but several days late:

Behold, the Enchanted Tiki Bathroom

Thanks gwenners, I like the mood lighting. I really need to make this small bathroom as tiki as possible as it is the only other room on this floor beside the tiki bar area.

G

On 2005-03-14 19:55, exotica59 wrote:
Thanks gwenners, I like the mood lighting.

Thanks!

The mood lighting is mostly from a string of all-red holiday-type lights on a ledge near the top of the room. Provides a nice, indirect reddish glow. The lanterns and other lighting sources help to add to the feel as well. I still wish to get a bit of blacklight into the mix as well, likely near the toilet area.

The only issue is that this is a leased property, and we can't do any permanent changes -- or even paint. Hence, I have to work with those white walls.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

On 2005-03-14 13:10, gwenners wrote:

On 2005-03-07 19:31, gwenners wrote:

As promised, but several days late:

Behold, the Enchanted Tiki Bathroom

Just how high are those ceilings?

G

On 2005-03-15 08:16, finkdaddy wrote:
Just how high are those ceilings?

I've no exact numbers, but my guess is about 12". It's quite high, with a lot of otherwise dead space up there.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

Here ya go Gwen.
Tiki Toilet Seat

G

On 2005-03-15 13:17, Unga Bunga wrote:
Here ya go Gwen.
Tiki Toilet Seat

Yikes! If I ever have something that... um... interesting, I think I'll make it myself. Oh, and not like that. :)

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

A

Hey, we've got a tiki-bog....
For a while it was the only tiki'd room in our house 'til we got our loft-space converted into a room, which is now our tiki lounge.
Our loo is not to be tiki for much longer as it is destined to be redecorated in '50's pin-up stuff....which'll give me something to look at while I'm sitting there!!!
Anyway, some piccies....
The head was made by my wife from Papier Mache...

Got the blowfish from the lightfitting...

Decorated with BOT cuttings...

Obligatory sign on the door, so any visitors know the way...

Pages: 1 26 replies