State:MO
Zip:64111
Phone:816-656-3439
https://www.tikicatkc.com/

Description:Inside Hop Cat

401 Westport and Broadway

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2017-04-21 07:43 ]

Aloha All,

I'll be doing the build out all of Feb. so keep an eye out for teaser pics!

Gonna be a good one.

Approx 1600 sq ft.

K

Suddenly I feel the need to push the wife to visit family (after opening date, of course).

Hm... got family in MO... might have to go visit in the spring...

TB

Hi Ben,

We will be sending you a warm welcome to KC when you arrive. Lots of Tikiphiles here.
I hope we can connect!

I'll be working most of the time but the owner is going to have a "pre Opening" just for all the KC Tiki Freaks!

OGR

On 2017-01-13 20:24, RevBambooBen wrote:
I'll be working most of the time but the owner is going to have a "pre Opening" just for all the KC Tiki Freaks!

Ben, Even a hardworking artist like yourself knows this...."Where there's life, there's BUD!"
BTW, KC is a fun town..the new bar should be awesome...best of luck!

[ Edited by: Or Got Rum? 2017-01-14 07:54 ]

8T

On 2017-01-13 20:24, RevBambooBen wrote:

Damn, I thought I was dreaming this but it's for real! Pre opening......I'M IN. Ben, you will have to relax a little while you're here and I know of a couple of home tiki spaces that would love to host a visit from the master. See you soon!

Not your normal ( MCM) Tiki Cat!!!!

8T

SO HopCat looks to be in a most trendy spot and I wonder why they boast about the 100+ craft beers but don't mention you or the tiki decor anywhere that I can see. Are you being kept secret? Which floor are you creating for us????

On 2017-01-23 15:10, 8FT Tiki wrote:
SO HopCat looks to be in a most trendy spot and I wonder why they boast about the 100+ craft beers but don't mention you or the tiki decor anywhere that I can see. Are you being kept secret? Which floor are you creating for us????

Hop Cat is going to open on Feb 25.

Tiki Cat won't be opening til April.
They want to make sure everything is perfect for you guys!
I start Thursday. :wink:

I'll try to post here but check out my Facebook for daily pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154702017656240.1073741869.679291239&type=1&l=714c5429fb

oh. P.S. 8 ft..... I'm in the hole!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Kona Club, Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson,
Don the Beachcomber, Tiki No, Tong Lei Room, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Longi

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2017-01-23 16:14 ]

They want to make sure everything is purrrrfect for you guys!

fixed!

check out the MoKanTiki page on FB for more!!

and my FB page too.

Martin Cate is doing their cocktail program and training.

Should be good!

Facebook me for pics of the build!

A few huts we've been working on for TC!

Looking good Ben .

Here are a few of the new Tiki Mugs that Tik Cat will have.........

Made by Tiki Farm!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Kona Club, Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson,
Don the Beachcomber, Tiki No, Tong Lei Room, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Longi

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2017-03-01 08:03 ]

Taking a break for a few weeks to let Tiki Cat age a bit....

Keep an eye out..... More sOOn!!!

Bravo, Ben! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the place as you get further along and also when it is completed. Looks totally worthy of a flight out there to check it out - all I gotta do is buy a ticket, right?

Cheers!

Her's a 9'mural by Artist Anthony Carpenter that will be on a wall inside Tiki Cat!

It will be on glass and back lit with a Bamboo Ben frame.

Ben, that's a wild blend of space, tiki, and other stuff... I can imagine sitting with a nice cold Zombie and contemplating the contents of that pic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed Tiki Cat!

On 2017-03-03 13:37, AceExplorer wrote:
Ben, that's a wild blend of space, tiki, and other stuff... I can imagine sitting with a nice cold Zombie and contemplating the contents of that pic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed Tiki Cat!

Awesome Ace! Should be good. :wink:

T

That's a cool site and great looking place!!
Makes me want to head out on the next flight!!

Great job to everyone involved!

TabooDan

Waiting for the Starboard to Go Green at Tiki Cat!

See ya'll on 4/13 !!! Where's the door?

Bamboo Ben
Don the Beachcomber, Tiki No, Royal Hawaiian, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Longi

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2017-04-09 08:47 ]

8T

I'll be there! (and at the preview too!!!) It's gonna be great.

It's a go!!!

This happened at Tiki Cat yesterday.....

C

Awesome bar, Awesome event, Fabulous Shag print!

So glad we travelled up to KC to check out TikiCat. They're doing a great job all around - terrific decor, delicious cocktails, nice soundtrack going in the background & great service! These guys really know what they are doing!! There's a fun local tiki crowd that is loving their new tiki digs, too!

[ Edited by: croe67 2017-05-14 18:14 ]

8T

Tikicat is our fondest dream come true. And it's here in KC for real. If you ever visit the area, it's a DO NOT MISS. Here's Mr & Mrs. 8FT with Martin Cate of Smuggler's Cove fame who was here for the preview and opening. It's his drink menu and skills taught to the staff that make the drinks amazing! Thanks Martin for everything including signing our book.
Mahalo to Ben for the build out. You and your son made it fantastic.

8T

The goodies we've brought home from Tikicat including swizzles, picks, napkins stickers, drink menu and mugs signed by the Artist Anthony Carpenter.

H

Port St Lucie is getting a HopCat, in Tradition....just down the road from me.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/entertainment/dining/2017/08/29/hopcat-bringing-80-taps-craft-beer-and-crack-fries-port-st-lucie-2018/609776001/

No mention of a Tikicat.....

Is KC the only location that has a Tikicat? Should I keep my hopes up???

howlinowl

Is KC the only location that has a Tikicat? Should I keep my hopes up???

I believe Mark Sellers indicated that he intended to open an additional tiki bar or bars following the Reichek Collection purchase, but he had not decided on any locations. Expansion can be something of a moving target--at one point, the Mai Kai had plans to open branches in New York and Paris, after all.

https://news.critiki.com/2017/11/03/mystery-buyer-of-the-jordan-reichek-tiki-collection-revealed/

H

Interesting.....

The article I linked above mentions that the CEO (Mark Gray) is a resident of PSL for 17 years. Grasping at straws, but kinda hope that would put PSL's location near the top of the list if it happens. I imagine he'll be in and out of that location quite a bit. I'll have to see if I can bump into him sometime and mention how cool it would be to have one here. You feel like making a roadtrip out this way Ben??

howlinowl

Before TikiCat, there were plans to put a tiki bar in Grand Rapids, MI, home of HopCat. From what I understand, those plans were postponed when funding came through to bring the HopCat brand to more locations nationwide.

In my opinion, Us tikiphiles in Grand Rapids should be next in line :wink:

T

Put it in OHIO.

We got snow, grey weather, rain.
And broke mo fos EVERYWHERE.

F... that, put where the sun do shine.

PM me.

8T

Skip......SKIP!!! Get off of the ledge. Plan a trip to KC and we'll warm you up at TikiCat.

T

Ok but if I come to KC I will spend lots of time at the BBQ joints, or the American royal BBQ contest.

H

Hopcat had put a call-out on a Pt. St. Lucie Garage Sale page on Facebook I'm subscribed to, looking for applicants. I replied asking if there were any plans for a Tikicat. They replied.....none for the foreseeable future.

I'm kinda bummed, but as the Mai Kai is just a 4hr. round trip for me, I guess I should be grateful that it is so close and not be so greedy wishing I had a Tikicat also.

howlinowl

Finally found a weekend I can come down from Grand Rapids, MI to visit Tiki Cat. I'll be in there Friday and Saturday night this weekend. If you see me (I like to watch the bartenders work) please say hello and let me buy you a drink. Looking forward to meeting some KC tiki folks.

-Snapper

We’ll be making the trip out there in 11 days. I’ve been stoked to check this place out for some time now.

David,

I was down there two days in a row this past weekend and had a great time. Depending on the type of experience you like when you hit a tiki bar, I would recommend making sure you have some bar seating through your opentable reservation if possible. The other areas of the room are great if you are just looking to hangout with the person or people you have come with. A spot at the bar is the place to be if you also enjoy banter with the bartenders and watching the craft involved in making the drinks.

Their bartender (Puka Pumba - Trenton) made a great Daiquiri for me using Kirk and Sweeney 18 year rum. Great drink for the intense vanilla notes of that particular rum. I made a bunch of them at home for friends yesterday and they loved them. Fun moment of the night as I was drinking it at Tiki Cat was seeing this little Smuggler's Cove homage (in lamp form) staring back at me.

One other easter egg I enjoyed was the lighting in the hallway that leads to the entrance of Tiki Cat. It is very similar if not the same as the lighting on the back bar at Stella's Lounge in Grand Rapids (another a Barfly Ventures bar). Many a night I've stopped in Stella's for a nightcap and stared at those lights.

I had a great time. Best wishes for the 1st anniversary. You did it right Mark.

-Snapper

Pages: 1 2 49 replies