Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Southern Nevada

Pages: 1 1 replies

T
TU posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2017 4:58 PM

Hi all,

I'm heading to the South end of Nevada in a couple weeks for a job search. I know of the main bars in Vegas, but is there anything else? I would love to pick up a couple mugs from a thrift store/pawn shop if there are any likely places.

On a nontiki note, we are bring the 2 four legged kids with us, so anyone living in the LV area have any recommendations for canine friendly trails/parks?

Thanks!

C

We just from Vegas to Reno. After 3 years, I just got burnt out. I had incredible luck at thrift stores and antique malls finding tiki stuff. John-O has a great thread (http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30590&forum=1&hilite=las%20vegas) that is still mostly relevant. Personally I'd be sure to hit Champagne's, The ReBar, and Frankie's. And if you have thrifting time, the three savers closest to the Strip (Sahara/Decatur, Maryland Pkwy/Charleston, and Tropicana/Eastern) are almost sure bets for finding something tiki. If you're into road tripping, about 2 hours east of Vegas, just outside of Kingman (which also has some cool antique stores), AZ is Headus Giganticus; a big pink moai on route 66. And taking the 4 legged kids to Spring Mountain Ranch State Park is a blast too!

Have fun!

Pages: 1 1 replies