Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

101 Years of Stephen Crane Art Swap - DONE!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies

Hey all! Long time, no talk!

All I can say is boy am i bummed I didn't get in on the swap. The pieces are AMAZING! I even saw a surfboard that BELONGS in my beach house. Seriously, Hiltiki - want to make another????

I've been working a lot this summer and trying to get things done at one house or another. I need to find more time and my creative mojo which seems to have run away. Miss you all!

Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2017-08-02 18:54 ]

Aloha Lori
Be sure to jump in the next swap
Cheers

T

Okay, I'm a few days late in posting- thanks Jon for reminding me about the Swap ending! I admit to being totally distracted by new work ventures and family.

Mike, thanks again for organizing an amazing Swap- and I'm so excited to finally get the Mad Dog as a partner!

Did I count correctly, with two trades happening at TO? Mike, are you heading over this year?

Great work all over, I apologize for being MIA for much of the swap- opening up two retail stores in a few months will do that to ya!

Look forward to seeing a few of ya at Oasis!

(I was hoping to have a few new mugs of mine ready, but haven't had the opportunity to glaze ones that I bisque fired a few months' back, yowzas).

TikiAno, I should be at Oasis Saturday afternoon, PM me and we can meet. I have Joshua Bell's to deliver to Cy also so there will be 2 1/2 exchanges at Oasis :D

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2017-08-03 22:46 ]

T

Mike, sounds great- look forward to seeing you there. Maybe we can all meet at the Art Show- or at cy's booth?

I don't think I'm going to any symposiums this year except for Charles Phoenix on Sunday so should be free- as much as I'm there through the weekend. :)

Will send ya a message next week.

C
cy posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2017 8:05 AM

It's fine if you want to hook up at my booth, but don't loiter, you two scalawags drive the customers away.

On 2017-08-04 08:05, cy wrote:
It's fine if you want to hook up at my booth, but don't loiter, you two scalawags drive the customers away.

:lol: :D :P

T

cy, I thought I brought people in the booth?!?!?!?

I'll bring beverages???? :)

:)
U Krazy kids crack me up

Well
1st to arrive

Wendy- this is amazing
I had no idea your coconuts were so big
Wait, did that sound wrong
Absolutely love the mug
Better that I could have imagined
Thank you sooooooo much
Did I mention it's HUGE...
I already added it to Ooga-Mooga

Mike- thanks again, you rock
The video was awesome too
See you, Wendy, Cy and Ano at Oasis.

Without further ado
May I present THE mug

Z

BEAUTIFUL!

WOW!!! Nice!!!

Cy I returned home from vacation to find this. Wonder what it is? :wink:

T

Thats awesome, Wendy. Incredible work!

C
cy posted on Sun, Aug 6, 2017 9:16 AM

You are a lucky man H10, beautiful work Wendy! I will bet you a mai tai there is more cardboard inside that box MDM, I'm stoked to see it in person!

Wow checking back here to read comments just made my day. Thank you all so much.

hang10tiki I like sturdy art that will last.

ZeroTiki ( =:

MadDogMike (-:

TheBigT (=;

cy (+:

Wendy

On 2017-07-27 20:02, TravelingJones wrote:
:tiki: ALoooHA! Awesome workz everyone!! :tiki:

I've been called away on business and I'm 97% complete with this piece...

Upon my return I can quickly add the last of decorative details to complete this project. I'll post a photo on Saturday, August 5th and ship to my swap partner.

Is this acceptable with the group and prospective swap partner?

:tiki: ** The Ceremonial War Paddle is DONE! Pau! Finis! Toast! ...and ready to ship to TheBigT!!** :tiki:

WOW!!! Total awesomeness! I'm glad you joined into the Swap (but not as glad as TheBigT is :lol: )

I came home from Mexico to a HUGE box. It was the extra long straws I ordered to go with my mug. Perhaps a little packing overkill? :lol: (The Tiki at the right edge of the photo was completely accidental :o )

TJ- another freekin home run

Mike: :)

T

Mike, giant straws PLUS the killer piece PLUS the MDM outdoor tiki????

I better add some stuff to the Swap box!! :) :)

Traveling Jones, awesome!

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2017-08-06 22:03 ]

T

Wow TJ, that is a beauty. :o :o

I consider myself lucky indeed! Can't wait to put that in my bar. I only hope you enjoy the bowl I made just as much.

C
cy posted on Mon, Aug 7, 2017 8:49 AM

Incredible piece TJ!!

:drink: Mahalo'z for da kine comments all. This theme was a blast and super stoked to swap with BigT!

delete double post

[ Edited by: TravelingJones 2017-08-08 00:43 ]

Thank you hiltiki so much. And thank you Mike for another awesome tiki swap.

You're gonna have a hard time riding that surfboard Anthony!!! :o :lol:

Thanks for posting :D

AM- great pic
MDM- u Krazy

I think this group would really enjoy watching this video by Jim Carey: "I needed Color."

https://vimeo.com/226379658

Wow
Just wow

anthonymaye congratulations on your new piece of tiki art.

Mine from hang10tiki will be in my hands today! I'm so excited.

MaukaHale thank you for sharing the video. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I think he has talent and he puts effort into his work.

Wendy

Wendy- see you in a bit

Wow, very Mauka. 2 - I had not idea Jim Cary was an artists. 2 - I have never before seen him serious. I have always enjoyed his comedy but I have a new respect for him now

Thank you so much hang10tiki for this wonderful carved wooden tiki. Take note everyone he carved it deep enough that the darker core shows up as the eyes and in the mouth. I love this tiki.

I love it for 1 minute before Dan came and took it away from me. He gets to keep all my swaps, he is so lucky.

Thank you MadDogMike for running the show and wow hang10tiki I sure got a tiki that I will treasure forever.

Wendy

PS not only were you wearing one of my tiki necklaces did you notice I was wearing one of the glass necklaces that you gave me as a gift?

I knew Dan would end up with that Tiki :lol:

Wendy-
Hi
Great to see you two
Yes I saw the necklace :)
Love my Bob necklace
I had so many comments on it :)
Glad you liked the carving
Loved to see your smile
Treg's home bar mugs are huge/awesome
Treg- thanks for the party
Your home bar is awesome
So we're the drinks
Cheers all

Jon

Funny that there were only 14 of us in the Swap but this thread has had 5,000 hits since the drawing on 8/1. That's 32 hits for each of us every day! :lol:

T
TU posted on Sat, Aug 12, 2017 9:00 AM

Here is my new piece on the wall!!!

Thanks for a great swap!!

Whoooohoooo!!! TU, I'm not sure I've ever seen a picture of you :D

H

My art piece arrived yesterday, love the packaging with great graphics. I also got an extra piece of drawing, here are some pictures.

Awesome...

On 2017-08-12 09:00, TU wrote:
Here is my new piece on the wall!!!

Thanks for a great swap!!

Hey TU! The Doctor finally let out of bed so I had a chance to get a picture of your two paintings. They look good.

Lookin good

Personal delivery at Tiki Oasis by Mad Dog
Joshua Bell piece to CY
Cheers

Then 2 more swaps
Tiki Ano and Mad Dog Mike

Cheers

Great to see everyone and all the art in person!!!!!!!

Edit: nice photo bomb by one of Cy's tikis

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2017-08-12 14:24 ]

Group shots of the swap participants at Oasis

Great pics! Thanks Jon :D
So good to see everyone!!!
Looks like 9 of the art pieces have made it to their new owners. Waiting for pics from the other 5

Gellhorn - "There's a lot of rum in this rum"
Hemingway - "In this joint they don't drink to get drunk, they drink to stay drunk"

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2017-08-12 18:52 ]

T

Great shots, Jon! Super fun seeing all today- and Jon the past couple of days.

Plus, hugs from Wendy are the best!

Mike, will post photos of your beautiful work in its new home soon- have to find some good real estate in an overcrowded home bar, ha!

Thanks for hosting, as well driving all that way today to see all of us!

Personal delivery at Tiki Oasis by Mad Dog
Joshua Bell piece to CY

Yay! Thanks again, Mike. I'm looking forward to CY's masterpiece waiting for me when I get back home.

You are very welcome Joshua, I'm always looking for an excuse to visit Cy :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 501 replies