Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Where not to go on a Monday nite in So. Cal

Pages: 1 1 replies

After going to The Pageant of the Master is Laguna last night with friends from out of state, I thought....let's go to the Royal Hawaiian (never having been) my toes begin to tingle, I am all aflutter with excitement, we pull up to an empty, dark building. The sign reads: Closed Mondays :( Tiki's taunting me from the sidewalk. My Monday night Tiki dreams are dashed. Ok, so we are driving down PCH to take my friends back to their hotel they ask me "whats a Tiki"? Before I can respond in horror to their question, I see the sign....Billy's! The doors are open! Let's go there! My toes begin to tingle! I am so excited, I walk through the doors, before my eyes can take any of Billy's in, someone from from behind the bar yells "Sorry were closed" So, I STILL have never been there either! The evening wasn't a total bust, the pageant had a nice little hula show, then live bronze statues of of King Kamehameha and Duke Kahanamoku. All in all we had a wonderful time, the Pageant of the Masters was really amazing!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-08-19 13:13 ]

On 2003-08-19 11:55, DawnTiki wrote:
so we are driving down PCH to take my friends back to their hotel they ask me "whats a Tiki"?

Ah, The eternal question that the world may never really know.

Pages: 1 1 replies