Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

The Gift of Tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

My chiropractic office in San Diego is loaded with tiki art - much of it my own work. I decided to carve a happy tiki for one of my patients who has always shown real interest in my work and has also been very kind to us (my wife and I) over the years. I usually enjoy giving my work as gifts but this one was special - probably because it was the first actual tiki I have given away. The reaction from her was awesome! She said that this tiki sits in a covered area near her hot tub nestled among tropical plants. The gift of tiki definitely made me feel as good (or better) about giving it as she did about receiving it! FYI this tiki was carved from a limb of fallen eucalyptus tree.

[ Edited by: DocJones 2017-04-23 17:28 ]

I LOVE that carving!!!!....good job sir!

Good job.
I give a ton of stuff away too.
Will

D

Thank you! Giving is fun! This guy was simple to carve out but I think he turned out nice - with many of my carvings it seems that keeping them simple produces the best results. FYI the finish consisted of torching the cuts and then applying a half dozen coats of clear (I knew ahead of time that his home would be outdoors).

great work man this piece has a great presence.

D

Thanks Jacob, I appreciate it!

Pages: 1 5 replies