Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Art Swap 2018 - Dream Tiki - Results Posted!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 288 replies

Well folks, you want to try a circular Swap? We've done them before and they are great fun too. Sometimes they are a "secret" swap, you don't know what you are getting until it shows up at your house. I draw out names then #1 sends to #2, #2 sends to #3, and so forth ending with #8 sends to #1 (In a regular Swap #1 and #2 exchange, #3 and #4 exchange, etc). If there were any Oasis exchanges, they would probably be one sided where #3 would give to #4 but #4 is going to send to #5 in the mail and #3 is waiting for #2 to send in the mail (does that make sense? :lol: )

Mine survived first fire. I took thoses pics underwater, it should show what it will look like with a clear glaze.

Oh, I wasn't thinking about hand to hand swaps at Oasis. I'm not going but maybe hang10tiki and Tiki Ano are going. Whatever you decide is fine by me. Wendy

PS your piece looks great

PS glue is fine Tiki Ano, Notch once did the worlds largest Moai bowl. It wouldn't fit in a kiln in one piece so he had to glue on all the tikis

Cy will be at Oasis too and I may be able to go up on Saturday.

T

That looks great, Mike!

I won't be at Oasis, either, but I'm happy with whatever trade format is easiest.

Cheers,

Jeff

That looks awesome with the stain MH!

C
cy posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2018 9:21 AM

Well done Mike and Mauka!!

T

Mike, Mauka, Tube: awesome
:)

Mike
However ya want to do the numbers/swap is fine with me

17 HRs and 50 min to go

Well I over-fired my bottle by about 200 degrees :( But I think it will be OK. Over-firing often "bleaches" out glaze colors, especially reds and oranges. But since it only had a clear glaze on it, hopefully it will be alright. Will find out in the am :D

MaukaHale wow what a little stain will do for wood. Very nice.

tikitube a perfect frame for your work of tiki art. They really look great together.

hang10tiki so close I can feel it.

MadDogMike this will be interesting to see. I haven't had that happen....yet!

H
Hamo posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2018 12:38 AM

Okay, here’s my dream of a local restaurant as a tiki temple, inspired by “putz house” folk art:

I just hope it survives shipping....

Hamo made it, kool

Very cool Hamo, living' the dream!!!

I know it's 9:00 but work is not co-operating :lol: Will do the drawing shortly

PS - my piece survived the over-firing :D

OK here's results!!!! And here is a link to my beautiful daughter doing the drawing
I went ahead and did a regular Swap drawing this time and I have an idea for the circular drawing that I will post later

danlovestikis (above) swaps with Cy (below)

TikiAno (above) swaps with Hamo (below)

MaukaHale (above) swaps with TikiTube (below)

MadDogMike (above) swaps with Hang10Tiki (below) (Tiki Oasis Swap?)

Congratulations everyone!

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2018-08-03 09:57 ]

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2018-08-03 11:07 ]

Sweet, another Mad Dog piece
Awesome
Yes, Oasis swap works for me
Cheers

C
cy posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2018 10:49 AM

Sweet swap, thanks a lot Mad Dog for making it happen!! Wendy I will be driving through Sacramento next Wednesday around 5PM if you want to meet, otherwise I will get it in the mail.

Wow as they say Hamo is in the house!!! Love it.

Thank you MadDogMike for making another swap go so well. It's been fun watching all the art come together. It's all very exciting.

Cy I'll write you a PM. I think it would be wonderful to have you over to our home on your way South. I can't wait to get my hands on your art. I was messing around and found this... http://frogislandtikis.blogspot.com/

I'm ready for the next one.

Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-08-03 16:13 ]

T

Mike, thanks for another great Swap! (I apologize for being MIA throughout most of it). Hamo, I'm excited to trade with you, and see that piece in person- yes, hopefully it travels well. I'll give it a good home. I love that the last two Swaps have netted me similar styled pieces. Is this on purpose Mad Dog? Hahaha.

Always fun to see everyone turn their creativity dials up and make some cool things.

Wendy, you'll be missed at Oasis (where will everyone get their hugs), but I admit, I will be missing most of it this year, since my wife booked a trip (and apparently prepaid it) for the "wrong week." Might get down there on Saturday (the hotel is only 7 or so miles from my house), but definitely on Sunday. Jon, hopefully you will stay past early Saturday morning so I can say hi. cy, I hope you're all sold out by the time I get there, but on selfish terms, I would like to see your work in person!

Hamo, I won't be able to send out your piece until I'm back, but let's exchange addresses over DM.

Cheers, all!

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Aug 5, 2018 10:09 PM

Great swap everyone! Thanks for allowing my piece to stand next to all of your excellent art. Ano, I’ve PM’d you.

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Aug 5, 2018 10:18 PM

Great swap everyone! Thanks for allowing my piece to stand next to all of your excellent art. Ano, I’ve PM’d you.

Hey Jeff,

Your amazing picture arrived Wednesday. As soon as I decide where I'm going to hang it I'll post a picture.

Thanks for the additional art!

John

OH NO! CY was here yesterday and we swapped and he toured our home and then off he went. He's on the way to Tiki Oasis to be a vendor. I didn't think to take a photo of us swapping. Dang it. When we hang his terrific art I will at the least post a photo here. Wendy

Wendy you're off your game - you ALWAYS take lots of pictures! :o

MadDogMike we had so much fun that it never even entered my mind. Dan just hung CY's art so I'll have a photo soon. Wendy

No photo?

Wendy, ill get 1 for u at Oasis

T

On 2018-08-09 11:49, MaukaHale wrote:
Hey Jeff,

Your amazing picture arrived Wednesday. As soon as I decide where I'm going to hang it I'll post a picture.

Glad it arrived safely!

Thanks for the additional art!

John

LoL!

I'll let you know when your carving arrives. Thanks again!

Jeff

T

John,

Got your carving in the mail - looks great! Thanks so much. I'll post a pic when I find the best place to hang it. :)

Jeff

If your waiting for a pic of Hang10Tiki and I swapping at Tiki Oasis, it didn't happen. I got jammed up at work and couldn't make it :(

:(

I'm hoping that hang10tiki is still at Tiki Oasis and has missed the horrific wind storm and power outage in Las Vegas. Wendy

Hi W
That explains why we had pool umbrellas
and chairs in the pool
Oh well

Here’s the one pic I took at Oasis

Cheers Cy

Mike- to bad your job got in the way of our swap
But
I mailed it to ya today

Cheers all

I love this photo. Too bad MadDogMike wasn't in it too. How about Janelle? She must have been the photographer.

CY stopped by on his way to Tiki Oasis 2018. He and I swapped art. His photo is better than mine for showing detail so I've put it here again.

Dan loves me to swap and takes whatever I get. This went into his man cave where he will see it each day.

Thank you MadDogMike for running another fun swap. Thank you CY for making such great tiki art.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2018-08-13 19:53 ]

C
cy posted on Tue, Aug 14, 2018 9:04 PM

Thanks for all the primo items you brought me Jon, sorry we saw each other just long enough to snap that photo. It was great stopping by and seeing your place Wendy and Dan, I left overwhelmed with what I saw. Your mug snuggled in with another one of yours and looks great in the bar, we love it, especially the sky blue color!

Thank you CY, I don't know where you found the energy for snapping that photo and posting after your long drive home from San Diego to Portland. Wow. Glad you are home safe. A short but quality visit and I got some hugs, Wendy

Love to see the art rolling in to it's new owners. Got mine in from Hang10Tiki yesterday, it is AWESOME. Hung it up in Barefoot Bay this morning. You can see a few other Swap projects residing there too

Yo Mike
Glad it made it in one piece
The display area looks good

Cheers and thanks again for another swap

Jon

MadDogMike love the room. What happened to the pirate ship now that you have moved? Wendy

Mail man rang the bell today

Dang Mike
U should teach a packing class at the post office
Awesome packing job

Oh my
The treasure inside

All the rum spilled out

Use your imagination

Artist signature

In place on another Mad Dog Swap prize

Thanks Mike
Awesome

hang10tiki what a fun presentation of your MadDogMike Dream Tiki. I love all the photos as well as his art. I still need to try that technique someday. We sure all have fun with our tiki hobbies. Wendy

H
Hamo posted on Fri, Aug 17, 2018 9:19 PM

TikiAno’s mug arrived today, expertly packed, too. Time to test it out.

The glaze adds a neat texture, and it holds a drink nicely.

Cheers!

T

Hamo, glad it arrived safely- and in (only) two pieces!

Your Art Swap piece arrived, and is awesome! I've been in a whirlwind of work (today's last day of my week), but will unpack and take photos tonight or tomorrow- AND make some of Tiki Pat's Grog (recipe included with piece). I'm impressed with the cool details (that I didn't see when you posted pics), impressive build!

WHOOOOOHOOOO Jon, glad it arrived safely!!!

Looks like the Tiki and mail gods have smiled upon us and everyone's art has arrived. A few more pictures to be posted of art in it's new homes and this Swap is a wrap!

soo great man! when i get my crud together i want to join in this swap fun!

Killer swap

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 288 replies