Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau vs tiki kon

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

C

Santa, if you didn’t want to draw me into your thread, you would not have posted about Ohana all of these many months later when, as you say, it’s not even relevant to your thread.

When you talk about Ohana, you are clearly talking about something you know nothing about - whether referring to the event or the spirit.

Fun Fact: Ohana attendees have come from 42 states & 8 countries.

I’ll not be feeding your trolling behavior, as your Ohana spirit comes through strongly with every post you make for all to interpret accordingly.

T

Déjà vu vu, quote you Santa.

“Just the facts, ma’am.”

On 2020-01-30 08:33, santa wrote:
I took the verbiage straight from Ohana on the lakes website about garbage people . AKA folks that want to shop without paying $300 to go to a swap meet, which is what the vending parts of conventions are.
[ Edited by: santa 2020-02-08 08:35 ]

On 2020-02-08 08:33, santa wrote:
You crashed and highjacked my thread to promote your exclusionary Ohana on the lake party event which I never mentioned. I have no interest in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WCU_oxIiA

T
S
santa posted on Wed, Feb 19, 2020 9:39 PM

You’re both a joke. You’re claiming to give money to build a library in the richest part of Chile, Easter island . They get millions of dollars from tourists yearly that pays for their infrastructure. Yet you refuse to provide numbers on how much you claim to donate. Because it was nothing, And your hyping your exclusionary fraternity of Moai which trumpets on its site how it does not let new members in. It’s purpose to is to stay exclusionary, a closed little boys club. And skip spends ten hours per day online trolling every thread with crying rants and YouTube videos . How pathetic and sad you failures are. Get a life and friends losers. Attempt to leave Ohio occasionally.

[ Edited by: santa 2020-02-19 21:50 ]

T

On 2020-02-19 21:39, santa wrote:
You’re both a joke. You’re claiming to give money to build a library in the richest part of Chile, Easter island . They get millions of dollars from tourists yearly that pays for their infrastructure. Yet you refuse to provide numbers on how much you claim to donate. Because it was nothing, And your hyping your exclusionary fraternity of Moai which trumpets on its site how it does not let new members in. It’s purpose to is to stay exclusionary, a closed little boys club. And skip spends ten hours per day online trolling every thread with crying rants and YouTube videos . How pathetic and sad you failures are. Get a life and friends losers. Attempt to leave Ohio occasionally.
[ Edited by: santa 2020-02-19 21:50 ]

Nice.

Hey all, just wanted to chime in here and get your personal opinions. My fiance' and I are holding a tiki wedding next June and are possibly considering making the trek out from New Hampshire to Tiki Kon. We'd be first-timers and wouldn't really know a whole lot of what we'd be doing or where we should be going or really what to keep an eye out for. As first-timers how manageable is this event? What is the ideal "mandatory days off from work" schedule like? I mean we flew out to Iceland and England on a whim last year so it can't be that difficult right? lol

RB

PockyTiki, I'd pop an email to the Tiki Kon organizers. Great folks, and would give you the best advice. I used to go every year until I moved to Hawai'i. Miss the event and all the people, but can't complain where I ended up!

T

Santa you are just so wrong almost every time you post.

“you refuse to provide numbers on how much you claim to donate”
The numbers for 501cs are online as that is required I found em and as you said I’m a “failure and a loser” so a genius like you should have no problem finding them.

“closed little boys club”
Croe or Caroline yes a woman, is in the FOM and has been from the start.
She IS one of the first Little boys!

There are lots of women in the FOM really and Caroline is a great person and very successful as she has been to Easter Island and I would guess most of the tiki bars in the world, she is very well travelled.
Really she has and Bamboo ben even built her home tiki bar, that sounds like a success to me.

People know and like Caroline.

That's enough about Caroline, What do you do oh great successful one?

You don’t have the charm and tact it takes to run most anything.

Santa your event would suck.
It would not have any FOMers at it, it would not have much vending and sounds like a bunch of broke a$$ Santa wannabes would be the only attendees.

But then what should I expect from a guy on a tiki forum with a screen name Santa.

PockyTiki,
Tiki Kon is great for first-timers. Very nice central location in the hotel - not so big so you will see the same folks again. Some room parties - but not crazy partying room parties.

You've got to get out there a little bit to introduce yourself of course, but crowd there is really friendly.

Check out my website https://ultimatemaitai.com and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ultimatemaitai/

[ Edited by: kevincrossman 2020-02-22 16:54 ]

We had a wedding party at last year's Hukilau, with matching outfits and everything. Boy, did they meet a lot of people! And it made me extra proud that it was a same sex couple and they were greeted with nothing but joy and good wishes!

S
santa posted on Sun, May 1, 2022 11:41 AM

Still on the Ohana at the lake website is the racist and classist threat to have security goons attack and do harm to non wealthy and POC at a fake charity event . “ garbage person.” Is how they describe people as less then human.
Exclusionary non welcoming anti Ohana on the lake was closed for two years. Two years of not being able to discriminate and denigrate against the average non wealthy person. And continue not donating to charity. Caroline refused to answer a single question. There are no specifics on the Easter island foundation website. Only a donation form and button. Is it a scam? you’re claiming to be a certified non profit tax exempt charity, where do we find your IRS and New York State financials to show how much is spent on overhead , salaries and how much goes to the charity?

[ Edited by santa on 2022-05-01 12:09:50 ]

I

Still on the Ohana at the lake website is the racist and classist threat to have security goons attack and do harm to non wealthy and POC at a fake charity event . “ garbage person.”

Can you post the link to where on that web site we can find this language? I just saw this thread and am trying to get up to speed.

[ Edited by Iolani on 2022-06-10 13:35:08 ]

RB

How did this thread get derailed to Ohana on the Lake?

How did this thread get derailed to Ohana on the Lake?

The Magic of the Internet!

T

Quote Santa.... "This is hysterical: A person that wants to shop for a day at Ohana on the lake (like at every other con) is a "garbage person". How very welcoming, inclusive and Ohana of you! "No. There are no single-day tickets"

Santa brought up Ohana.

BB

Sticking my nose in, as a budding event organizer, but I too am curious to see the evidence for Santa's allegations. I just took ten minutes to look through their page, and found no such language, although I may have missed it. Pretty strong accusations, man, for an event that boasts a dozen mainline tiki sponsors...

T

I went to the last Grass Skirt party and did a quick run in just for a mug so guess that makes me a "garbage person".

Who cares?

S
santa posted on Fri, Dec 8, 2023 12:31 AM

Skip , Croe67, does Ohana on the lake still embrace exclusion of “garbage people” , only allowing in wealthy folks and refusing to divulge financial info about its claimed donations? The worst parts of fake Ohana tiki culture : Obsessive consumerism , greed and obsessive alcohol consumption. Is that why tiki kon ceased to exist?

Pages: 1 2 65 replies