Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Don Telling’s Island Mysteries

Pages: 1 6 replies

The best active exotica band in all the land finally committed their songs to wax. They have been my favorite live music experience as of late and I’m so excited to finally have a studio recording. It’s streaming on Spotify and you can pre-order the LP via bandcamp.

Spotify

Bandcamp

I downloaded the album from Bandcamp yesterday. I like it!

Thank you for the notice!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Dec 28, 2018 4:31 PM

this is not actually on vinyl?
I believe that is a Photoshopped image and the person posting is a friend of the band.
Don't let that deter you from enjoying their tunes on Spotify, just don't expect to be able to buy the lp any time soon.

On 2018-12-28 16:31, Otto wrote:
I

Hmm...when I looked on Bandcamp, there was no option to buy the album on vinyl.

On 2018-12-28 17:15, Scott McGerik wrote:

I

Hmm...when I looked on Bandcamp, there was no option to buy the album on vinyl.

Right at the top of the page it mentions that the vinyl is already sold out.

Luckily, I LOVE bandcamp, and don't mind digital downloads. So Score a new exotica album for Sandbartender.

I believe that is a Photoshopped image and the person posting is a friend of the band.
Don't let that deter you from enjoying their tunes on Spotify, just don't expect to be able to buy the lp any time soon.

It is definitely on vinyl but it’s a fairly small pressing I believe. You are correct that they are friends of mine, but this photo wasn't’t shopped at all. The band is very... unique. Before the actual release of the LP they dropped a bunch of “well-worn” copies at the local thrift stores around town and people were finding them for $1 or whatever. Hence the banner at the top of the bandcamp page. There are still new copies available but as I’ve moved from NC I’m not sure where else to buy them other than the local record stores.

This was my favorite record of 2018 so I’m glad a couple other folks have been able to enjoy it!

A number of tracks on this album have made it into regular rotation in Y'Ha-Nthlei Bay.

It's a very solid album. I hope to hear more from them in the near future.

Pages: 1 6 replies