Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Zombie Village (SF), San Francisco, CA (bar)

Pages: 1 20 replies

Name:Zombie Village (SF)
Type:bar
Street:441 Jones St.
City:San Francisco
State:CA
Zip:94102
Phone:
Status:Soft Open. Grand opening early Jan. 2019. Mon-Sat (closed Sun). Voodoo Lounge upstairs open Wed-Sat.

Description:
Replacing "Tradition" in SF's Tenderloin neighborhood. Opening "Fall 2018"

[ Edited by: kevincrossman 2018-12-18 21:53 ]

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Aug 20, 2018 8:16 PM

Thanks for posting. Hopefully it’ll be open by the time I visit SF the first weekend in December.

This one is going to be good!
Trust me. :wink:

On 2018-09-03 09:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
This one is going to be good!
Trust me. :wink:

Well damn, if this will be open in time for my trip to SF I'm excited now.

What is the opening date as we will be in Town late this month

Zombie Village is almost ready for Grand Opening...If you haven't seen them already, look at the photos on Instagram..https://www.instagram.com/zombievillagesf/?hl=en

I'm humbled to have a tiny, tiny place in this this amazing project. My painting below will be installed there.

O

anyone know the opening date or a reliable source for when that gets made public? really excited to check this out. i've been drinking at this location since it was Mr. Lew's Win Win Bar.

On 2018-12-01 18:58, oroborean wrote:
anyone know the opening date or a reliable source for when that gets made public? really excited to check this out. i've been drinking at this location since it was Mr. Lew's Win Win Bar.

I heard soon :wink:

open now, softly. i have pictures, but they do no justice. jaw-droppingly stunning environment with top notch drinks. do not miss this bar!

Sven posted some pix from the soft open at the end of last week-

I have to know who carved this piece- I'd love to have a scaled down version of it for my bar, Y'ha-Nthlei Bay!

The whole space looks amazing, Bamboo Ben. Epic work!

Al Evans carved that.

-Lori

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2018-12-19 15:43 ]

The Right Reverend Bamboo Ben says go check it out! Anticipated grand opening January 8th

On 2018-12-18 09:18, tikilongbeach wrote:
Ivan Lee Mora carved that. https://www.ivanleemora.com/

Thank you for the compass point on this one, I'm hoping to have something similar (although probably 1/3 scale) made for my bar.

The Tiki Bob nook might be my favorite 15 square feet in any tiki bar anywhere. So many great things to experience at Zombie Village.

Picture from Zombie Village.

On 2018-12-17 08:38, Sandbartender wrote:

I have to know who carved this piece- I'd love to have a scaled down version of it for my bar, Y'ha-Nthlei Bay!

I got it wrong, Al Evans carved it.

On 2018-12-19 15:45, tikilongbeach wrote:

On 2018-12-17 08:38, Sandbartender wrote:

I got it wrong, Al Evans carved it.

Actually Ivan carved this one

Loads of new pix in this hot new write-up.

Damn, Ben! You've really outdone yourself on this build-out!

I need to get out west. Why are 98% of all the epic tiki bars at least 2,000 miles away from me?

https://sf.eater.com/2019/1/16/18184236/zombie-village-sf-tiki-bar-bourbon-and-branch-photos?fbclid=IwAR127FYHiZwGjPU2TsFy2dBXQT2REACWL4Qgb9d1eDa7i8VZ2WwgQqpabMY

[ Edited by: Sandbartender 2019-01-17 14:53 ]

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Jan 21, 2019 9:00 PM

Great review, Kevin. Incredible work, Ben.

I was at Hidden Idol in Denver last week and met a couple from San Francisco. They hadn't heard about the Village yet, so I was able to clue them in.

Hmm, now when can I get there to check it out...?

Pages: 1 20 replies