Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Cannibal Club

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

D

Thanks again for the kind words.
I purchased a turntable on Craigslist and mounted it upside down under the plank. Its attached at four corners with 20 lb fishing line and the sharks are held apart by an 8' plastic tube that is used to keep fluorescent lights from shattering. The tube is invisible once submerged.

[ Edited by: Donovan 2019-11-20 06:37 ]

Awesome! So many questions...

What are sharks made from?

What is the pirate ship? Pool float toy?

Do you have a video of all the action?

D

The sharks are cut from 1/2" CDX plywood then painted with two heavy coats of Rustoleum enamel which helps with waterproofing.

The pirate ship was purchased at Home Depot for $329.00. (As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it) It is supposed to be a lawn ornament but I built a PVC stand so as to put it in the pool. I added a strobe light in the bow to shine back on the skeleton. The skeleton also steers the wheel back and forth.

With very few exceptions all the materials for the Cannibal Club and all the Halloween props were purchased at Home Depot. A couple of items came from Oceanic Arts in Whittier, CA. and most all of the furnishings are from Craigslist, Offer Up and Let go.

I personally don't have a video but some of my friends do. I will see what I can do about posting something.

Well done Donavan - what an epic Halloween treat for the kids (and adults!) I truly believe the kids that see these home tiki outposts love to see the escapism their elders appreciate or maybe its the opposite... just all of us trying to grab those awesome threads of youth again. either way - you've got a winner there, well done!

D

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Commodore, you are correct on both counts. Growing up I was always in awe of those that would think outside the box and create things that feel special.

Cool thing about those on this site is that we all share that passion and vision.

Pages: 1 2 52 replies