Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Art Swap 2019 - Complete!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies

I opened my mail this morning and found a card from MadDogMike saying he would work for tiki mugs. Woo Hoo now he'll get one of mine in the mail back.

MadDogMike Dan is just as excited as I am. He's found a perfect place in the tiki jungle room to hang the lamp. A real treasure.

Thank you so much for setting up another fun swap. Once you are the new Hakalugi I know that Tiki Central will become stronger and more people will be back on here. The swaps will draw more people to participate. I've read that many people think this site is frozen and it is at the moment. But keep on trying.

This is a great way to have fun. I also thank everyone who did participate because I loved watching your work. Cheers, Wendy

Sweet

Swapping with JB again
Yaaaaaaaa

Thanks again Mike

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Jul 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Great work, everybody. Sorry I couldn't pull something off and join in, but there's always next time.

MadDogMike I just looked past the lamp and saw your paintings on the wall. Don't stop painting you have so much talent you need to keep going on. Thank you again for doing this, Wendy

Thank you mike for another wonderful swap
Mahalo

Thank you mike for another wonderful swap
Mahalo

On 2019-07-28 19:50, danlovestikis wrote:

MadDogMike I just looked past the lamp and saw your paintings on the wall. Don't stop painting you have so much talent you need to keep going on. Thank you again for doing this, Wendy

Thank you Wendy, only the Baining Hornbill is mine. I'm not very good at painting but I do enjoy it. Just seems like there are so many projects and so little time right? I still need to finish another dozen explorer mugs for Finland (having shivering and glaze fit problems). I started a bowl for the long passed Tonga Hut show, I still want to finish that bowl. I have more ideas to try for gourd lamps. I have plands for a Pele/Lava "It's 5:00 somewhere" clock, I want to build a glowing lava bar top before the Fall entertaining season... It just never ends :lol:

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2019-07-29 10:13 ]

I love that you have so many projects that we can look forward to watching you work on. Wendy

ps my glaze skip and flake off problems persist too

Wendy, the research I did suggests it's a "glaze fit" issue. That the glaze and the ceramic expand at different rates and that causes the glaze to flake off. On my Explorer mugs, I ended up replacing that glaze with another one. In the meantime, I have several with the old flaking glaze that I will try to re-fire and see what happens.

OK, I get the award for receiving my Swap piece first! Thank you Wendy!
My wife called me at work and told me I had gotten a package in from Wendy. When I go home and saw this I was devastated :(

Then I realized that wasn't Wendy's package, whew!!! Wendy's mug is AMAZING and MASSIVE!!! I don't think a double drink will fill it, I'm gonna need a triple. He's a pic of it with some of my other Swap art including art by Cy, TikiAno, Will Plugger, Aloha Station, Robert Jimenez, and (not pictured) Traveling Jones and Hang10Tiki

Thank you Wendy :D

MadDogMike what a wonderful photo. I could tell that wasn't our box right off. Did the article in the box break? We always double box all my art because we do not do insurance. It takes to long to work through a claim.

Have fun, Wendy

Yes Wendy, your box was packaged VERY WELL, obviously the work of a professional! The other one was an LED work light for my head, it was fine :D

Back in town
Shipping my box out today

Moai is off to JB

look what showed up today. Both Carol and I really like it but we haven't decided where to put it yet.

Thank you Anthony, A fun piece of tiki art.

MaukaHale I loved the suspense you built with a wonderful ending. Wendy

Ooooh, that was close! Made it back from the post office (I'm a slacker) just in time for Hang10's delivery.

Looks at home already!

Glad he made it

Cheers Bruddah

( and he gets to hang out with our other swap piece )
:)

The Tiki Central Summer Swap by MadDogMike was so much fun. We got what he made and the box arrived.

My very cute and sill husband was afraid of what he might find.

With good cause too because it attacked him.

While he got untangles I checked out the special light bulb. We've never seen one like it before. A real Spiral.

The lamp is so beautiful. One day when it's hung in the Tiki/Music/Jungle room I'll post another photo.

Thank you MadDogMike. You made a beautiful lamp. We are so happy to have it in our home. Cheers, Wendy

Awesome

So glad the lamp made it safely!!! That is an LED bulb, it burns cool so it doesn't heat up the gourd but it's a warm yellow color. Enjoy!!!

Looks like 4 of the swaps have made it safely to their new homes, only 2 left and we can call this Swap complete!

MadDogMike this lamp is so wonderful you could start an entire business just making these. I do see how much work was put into it. Outstanding. We look at it and smile. Hugs, Wendy

Got it
Awesome JB
Will post pic tonight

Cheers

M

AnthonyMaye

The Post Office tracking said my package was delivered on Aug 1st and left at the front door. Did you receive it?

(Double post)

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2019-08-06 18:49 ]

This killer dude loves Vegas

Thanks JB

And he traveled with a bag o swag too
Cheers

Woo hoo! Glad he made it safe and sound.

Perfect
Cheers sir

On 2019-08-06 14:14, MaukaHale wrote:
AnthonyMaye
The Post Office tracking said my package was delivered on Aug 1st and left at the front door. Did you receive it?

Anthony tells me he has received your package MaukaHale and will post pics soon!

Yaaaaaa

Sorry makua Hale got really busy I got your package last week and I love it.

Thank you for a awesome swap again mad dog Mike
Mahalo

Perfect! That completes our Swap, thanks to all for participating!!!

Wonderful photos Anthony.

It took forever but Dan hung the beautiful lamp that MadDogMike made for the swap. We were so lucky to have this for our home.
We have been changing things so rapidly that we didn't know where it would go until now. We love it.

This has been a dark corner of the room until now. It has a large amount of Dan's stereo equipment collection. They are all hooked up but now with the hanging lamp by MadDogMike it is lit up and easier for him to use.

Here's a photo with a flash used.

Thank you MadDogMike and I'm so sorry it took so long. We will enjoy it for many years to come and think of you when we do.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2019-11-18 10:22 ]

See above, I just added the story of the swap between MadDogMike and myself. Thank you again MadDogMike, Wendy

Very cool Wendy!!!

Awesome

When’s the next swap

On 2019-11-20 09:14, hang10tiki wrote:
Awesome
When’s the next swap :)

We haven't had much luck with a winter swap, I guess people are too busy with the holidays? Also hard to generate aloha when it's 12 degrees outside :lol:

:(

Hey MadDogMike is the time right for the next swap? Then we can bring our art to Tiki Oasis 2020 if swappers are able to meet up. Of course we could end up quarantined. Wendy

It's about a month earlier than we started last year but close enough. I will start it off sometime this week

Wonderful news. Thank you MadDogMike. Dan loved his birthday card and he sends you a big thank you. Wendy

Sweet

T

Mike - let me know if another swap gets going!

peace,
Jason

Pages: 1 2 3 4 185 replies