Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse!

Pages: 1 12 replies

H

After a looooooong Wisconsin winter, we're getting back to working on the HodagHut - now called the Zombie Apocalypse.

The standard deal - cheap 1x's, route out the letters, set on fire, wire brush. This is before I stained it with iron acetate:

Here's the tricky part - convince your artist neighbor to come over and paint in your lettering:

Then take this 14' long piece of trim that's bent into a banana because it's 75ยข/ft at Menard's and convince it with floor jacks and nails to conform to the truss:

Et voila?

Looks great! I like the blue.

H

On 2019-06-25 09:38, The Pupu Platters wrote:
Looks great! I like the blue.

Thanks! I always envisioned this space being illuminated by oranges and pinks, but when we installed the Govee LED strips above the trusses, those colors were just harsh. So we have pulsating blue and lavender (for now) and the paint colors she chose just popped!

Apologies for the cellphone camera shot - will be working with the photographer wife to get better shots tonight.

H

On 2019-06-25 11:56, The Pupu Platters wrote:
You're going to need some of these:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magiczombieglass/magic-zombie-glass

Ironically,I've actually never mixed nor drank a Zombie cocktail in my entire life. I've been warning people for years of The Coming Zombie Apocalypse and I thought it was time to actually make it happen.

T

Cool sign!

On 2019-06-25 18:42, HodagHut wrote:

Ironically,I've actually never mixed nor drank a Zombie cocktail in my entire life. I've been warning people for years of The Coming Zombie Apocalypse and I thought it was time to actually make it happen.

So, this place isn't for drinking zombies, it's for drinking WITH zombies!

Great sign! With an (old) name like Hodag Hut I assume you're somewhere up near Rhinelander?

On 2019-06-25 18:42, HodagHut wrote:

The '34 Zombie is one of my absolute favorite cocktails. Well worth trying.

H

On 2019-06-27 06:07, Sandbartender wrote:
Great sign! With an (old) name like Hodag Hut I assume you're somewhere up near Rhinelander?

Thanks!

Near Rhinelander? I'm sitting in my office at the corner of Stevens & Davenport and the Zombie Apocalypse is 600 feet from the hospital I was born in. We're hip deep in Rhinelander here. Hodags are everywhere

Ed: Added Hodag image

[ Edited by: HodagHut 2019-06-27 08:11 ]

H

A better shot, it's tough to balance the light, going to have to spend a night in there with a tripod and a steadier hand.

H

On 2019-06-26 21:54, The Pupu Platters wrote:

So, this place isn't for drinking zombies, it's for drinking WITH zombies!

Yeah, I usually have to throw them out around 1:00 a.m.

E

Love the trim and especially the detail work! Really fantastic!

Looks good

Yes
Ya must make a Zombie
It will make those cool lights look cooler

Cheers

Pages: 1 12 replies