Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Honu Lagoon

Pages: 1 6 replies

T
TU posted on Tue, Jul 9, 2019 6:57 PM

Yo...
I posted a pic of my yard on the back yard thread that hasn't seen much action lately. My pond and tiki area is once again under construction. We have a turtle that need a way to get out of the pond and lay eggs if needed but we don't want her to free range around the yard. So I am finding whatever random bricks from around the yard to build a wall to keep her safe. In the summer the lagoon gets a little full of algae so maybe I should call it the Green Honu Lagoon.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this! Hubs and I love turtles and frequently talk about building a pond in our backyard. Whereabouts do you live and what kind of turtle?

T
TU posted on Sun, Jul 21, 2019 9:05 AM

Hi SPP! We have 2 male sliders and 1 female slider that we rescued from local shelters. And 13 feeder fish that didn't get eaten. We live in Las Vegas NV. I'll post more pics as soon as i can.

[ Edited by: TU 2019-07-21 13:43 ]

T
TU posted on Sun, Jul 21, 2019 1:48 PM

Here are a couple of pics of the honu.

On 2019-07-21 09:05, TU wrote:
And 13 feeder fish that didn't get eaten.[ Edited by: TU 2019-07-21 13:43 ]

It's a misconception sliders mostly eat fish. They'll occasionally gulp down a small minnow, but they're omnivores, eating primarily vegetation and scavenging dead frogs, etc.

T
TU posted on Mon, Jul 22, 2019 9:24 AM

Mine really love shrimp and the plants that grow around the pond.

Very cool John! It's really shaping up

Pages: 1 6 replies