Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Esotico's Mai Tai

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

Has anyone tried Daniele Dalla Pola's Nu Mai Tai yet? I'm curious to hear the reviews.

His drinks at the last few Hukilau's have been absolutely fantastic (there was a banana daquiri with dried banana chip that was the best banana daquiri I have ever had)

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/nu-mai-tai/#gs.wv38bs

It looks like a delicious cocktail, but with stuff like the passionfruit, ginger, spiced rum, and pimento dram in it, I'll
say that I'd feel better if it had a name OTHER than Mai Tai.

[ Edited by: Sandbartender 2019-08-19 14:46 ]

[ Edited by: Sandbartender 2019-08-19 14:46 ]

Am inclined to agree. If it has Rum. Lime. Orgeat, and Curacao/Triple Sec you can call it a Mai Tai. If it's missing one or more... no.

We've just been there once so far, but the drinks are fantastic. I started with a Zombie ...

A Mai Tai ...

and Missionary's Downfall ...

Mrs. Hurricane had a Pina Colada ...

All were top-notch, slightly tweaked variations of the classics. On the next visit, I plan to try Daniele's originals.

Highly recommended if you're anywhere near Miami. The rum collection is amazing, and credit is given to the pioneers ...

The food is great as well. If you're looking for old-school Tiki decor, you won't get that here. But the service and experience are great.

https://www.esoticomiami.com

Events, music, art, cocktails, culture

The Tiki Times | The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

[ Edited by: Hurricane Hayward 2019-10-15 13:31 ]

Is the drink good? I don't care if it's called Clam Chowder, if it's delicious I'll drink it. If I want a "real" Mai Tai I can make it at home.

On 2019-10-17 09:07, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:
Is the drink good? I don't care if it's called Clam Chowder, if it's delicious I'll drink it. If I want a "real" Mai Tai I can make it at home.

I've never tasted a bad drink from Daniele. He's the real deal. No, it's not a "real" Mai Tai but his Navy Grog, Missionary's Downfall, etc. are true to the originals. There's definitely something for everyone on the Esotico menu.

Once I've been there a few more times I'll share my favorites, but so far everything is worthy. They also made a few off-menu drinks with very little prompting.

Pages: 1 5 replies