Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Philly?

Pages: 1 2 replies

Work has me attending a conference in Philadelphia later this month, Sept. 18-20. I did some cursory searching online, but it appears the best tiki bar in the city has been remade as a mezcal bar. Does anyone have tips to sate my tiki fix whilst I'm in town? Thanks!

On 2019-09-09 12:16, Prikli Pear wrote:
Work has me attending a conference in Philadelphia later this month, Sept. 18-20.

Center City
Upstairs Tiki just made a post on Facebook that tiki was or will be returning to the Upstairs bar.

Ranstead Room has great non tiki cocktails and a speakeasy vibe.

Chinatown
Vietnam has over sweet tiki cocktails & volcano bowls served in generic tiki mugs. Excellent food.

Hop Sing Laundromat
Amazing cocktails
Behind an unmarked metal gate
Must present valid ID for entry
No shorts, no sandals or flip-flops. Absolutely no photos or cellphone use inside. Cash only, tip well.

Port Richmond
Tin Can just opened very tiki-lite on the decor they have tiki drinks and a zombie on tap that could be a little more authentic.

Fishtown
The 18th R&D bar has Tiki bartending duo Phoebe Esmon and Christian Gaal guest bartending. They were the bartenders that created the Yachtsman's Drink menu and have been serving amazing tiki drinks at the Hukilua the last few years.

There is a Philly Tiki Facebook group and we meet every first Friday.

As of yesterday the Franklin aka Franklin Mortgage aka the downstairs part of the venue fka Upstairs Tiki are doing tiki Sunday's every other Sunday until the forcible future
Starting with yesterday.
https://facebook.com/events/s/enter-the-tiki-void/2731046053643190/?ti=cl

Excellent drinks.

[ Edited by: exquisitecorpse 2020-03-09 16:22 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies