Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Hawaiian Christmas Music

Pages: 1 6 replies

H

With christmas approaching quickly, I am in the mood for some Christmas music. Any recommendation for early (vintage) Hawaiian Christmas music (CD) will be appreciated.

It is WAY too early for me to start listening to it (it's Excessive Amounts of Alice Cooper month), but this instantly became one of my favorite Christmas albums ever the first time I heard it:

Hawaiian Christmas
Noelani and The Leo Nahenahe Singers

https://www.amazon.com/Hawaiian-Christmas-Noelani-Nahenahe-Singers/dp/B001KSFBA0/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=noelani&qid=1570921232&sr=8-4

There are a some good suggestions in this thread, too:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46567&forum=11&hilite=christmas%20music

H

Thank you Bamalamalu, I am just shopping around ahead of time. I went through my collection and I only have one Hawaiian Christmas music CD.

Not sure of "for sale" CD status of all of these. A few I checked out from the Hawai'i State Library System and a few are available as digital downloads.

Larry Rivera with the Haoli Singers: "Christmas on Kauai"
The Waikikis: "Merry Christmas in Hawaii"
Merry Monarchs: "Mele Kalikimaka A Kona Christmas"
The Hawaii Calls Orchestra and Chorus: "A Merry Hawaiian Christmas"
Various Artists: "Mele Kalikimama: A Hawaiian Christmas Party"
Various Artists: "Santa's Gone Hawaiian"
Various Artists: "Hawaii's Favorite Christmas Songs"

This one's contemporary, but very much hapa-haole - Na Hoa: "Cha-Lang-A-Lang Christmas"

[ Edited by: Rum Balls 2019-10-14 23:09 ]

H

Thank you Rum Balls, will check these out.

M
MrFab posted on Thu, Dec 5, 2019 10:07 AM

Arthur Lyman's "With a Christmas Vibe" was reissued on CD - very good, and used copies are cheap.

i have an Alfred Apaka xmas record on vinyl, don't know if there's any copies floating around out there.

Not vintage, but the Blue Hawaiians' xmas album is quite nice.

Arthur Lyman's "With a Christmas Vibe"

Pages: 1 6 replies