Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar In-A-Box

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

TheLuckyParrot thank you so much I found two of my painting on your walls. I am beyond excited. I'm going to post them on facebook and on my Tiki Central Page along with the link to your thread. I can't believe this happened. Wendy

Make that all three!!!

On 2020-03-25 19:38, danlovestikis wrote:

TheLuckyParrot thank you so much I found two of my painting on your walls. I am beyond excited. I'm going to post them on facebook and on my Tiki Central Page along with the link to your thread. I can't believe this happened. Wendy

There are actually FIVE! (Yeah, I used some more than once.)

1. On the left-side wall panel of the stage, look just to the left of the rifle butt.
  2. On the front-facing surface of the right-hand speaker box, lower right just above the photo of the Sphynx.
  3. On the front-facing surface of the left-hand speaker box, just below the shelf right in the middle
  4. On the right side wall of the rear stage area that surrounds the ship in a bottle, directly below the propeller.
  5. On the very back wall of the rear stage area, the very bottom row of photos, last one on the right.

You are most welcome, and THANK YOU for the artwork!

• E

[ Edited by: TheLuckyParrot 2020-03-25 20:09 ]

STAGE ASSEMBLY, PART 17

And to honor our friends from the east coast, faithful patrons of Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, I crafted up Orange Bird. For a sense of scale, OB is about 1/2" tall and made from polymer clay.

The little orange bird is so well done. You are able to do anything you want. It's a great feeling to be able to do a project as you imagine. Thank you again for letting me stick in some of my black velvet art. I will be forever grateful. Wendy

STAGE ASSEMBLY, PART 18

While I work on electronics (hopefully a video coming soon), Indiana Jones has arrived!

(The hat and rope arrived in the mail today. I added some heat-shrink tubing to one end of the rope so that it looked more like the handle of a whip.)

The hat and rope are a wonderful touch. I sure hope the next movie with Harrison Ford gets made. Meanwhile your display brings back so many memories of the ride at Disneyland. My favorite. Wendy

On 2020-03-27 09:17, danlovestikis wrote:

The hat and rope are a wonderful touch. I sure hope the next movie with Harrison Ford gets made. Meanwhile your display brings back so many memories of the ride at Disneyland. My favorite. Wendy

As always, thanks Wendy. I have tried to keep to my mission of putting Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar into a box for my own private entertainment, and that it would be portable (so that I can take it to my next home Tiki bar when I retire!). If one patronizes ETB and spends time investigating the decor, one will discover more than a few references to the Indiana Jones franchise: https://www.endorexpress.net/parks/disneyparks/2011/08/trader-sam-meet-indiana-jones/

Even if nobody else notices, I would know. So if I want to do it right, I have to include a few Indy references myself.

-E

[ Edited by: TheLuckyParrot 2020-03-27 09:47 ]

H
Hearn posted on Tue, Apr 19, 2022 6:58 AM

![](Uploading boom-mind-blown.gif…)

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies