Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bali Hai OMC Surfer girl mug

Pages: 1 5 replies

Just wondering if anyone else has this mug or has any info on it. Wondering if it was from the Bali Hai in San Diego or maybe a different location by the same name?

Mahalo’z

Instagram- TikiPop / Beachbumzmaui

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2020-03-13 00:14 ]

On 2020-03-13 00:13, Beachbumz wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has this mug or has any info on it. Wondering if it was from the Bali Hai in San Diego or maybe a different location by the same name?

Not sure if it was ever used at the Bali Hai, but it is a pretty common mug that was used in a lot of classic tiki bars.

I would say by the crispness of the design that that is an early incarnation of the surfer mug. I see so many of those mugs that are really lacking in detail probably due to using the molds to death. Also the paint on those bad mugs are equally bad. Also the mug pictured appears to be large. I have seen at least a couple of different sizes. I think your mug is a great find and deserves a bit more research,

I turned them upright.

The Bali-Hai in Northport NY maybe the restaurant. It’s only a guess but the font on your mug and the menu cover look very similar. Of course I could be way off course.

On 2020-03-13 15:41, uncle trav wrote:
The Bali-Hai in Northport NY maybe the restaurant. It’s only a guess but the font on your mug and the menu cover look very similar. Of course I could be way off course.

I think your right uncle trav! That font looks very close and that's what threw me off from being one from the Bali Hai in San Diego..
I've probably had close to 75 or more of these mugs over the years of collecting but none like this that say Bali Hai so I kept it and just remembered about it when I was going through an old stash.
Mahalo'z again and also for hooking my pictures up.. damn iPhone uploads... :x

Pages: 1 5 replies