Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Stuff at TikiGardens.com

Pages: 1 6 replies

If you haven't visited in a while, you might want to check out TikiGardens.com. The site has a whole new look and some fun new content including 'memories' of past visits to the park.
Those of you who might have links to tikigardens.com might want to note that the site is now on a different server (not gru.net), so links should be changed to http://www.tikigardens.com

Matt
http://www.tikigardens.com

CY

Thanks Matthew.
If you're a Tiki Gardens fan, we're about to upload several hundred never before published images onto the site. The lion's share comes from two sources- images of the many, many trinkets and baubles we've added to our collection at the IRB Museum but just haven't found the time to post, and the Byars personal TG scrapbooks we acquired last year (which we also subsequently donated to the Museum). Included is a picture of the original 'Sounds of Tiki Gardens' lp; this is the demo disc that was made for Mrs. Byars before the album went to press. "Tiki Gardens A" is written in white grease pen on the innermost ring on one side, it would probably do pretty well on ebay or Sotheby's but we're donating that to the museum as well.
-An aside- Otto and I have mailed or paypal-ed refunds to most TG Memorial Fund donors, but there are still a handful of people who we have not been able to reach. If you are one of them, please contact him at [email protected] and we'll get you your money back. It has indeed taken awhile, but in Otto's defense, the individual who agreed to handle the pledges- as well as be co-signor on the account- divorced himself from the project only days after signing on, sending the organizers scrambling for a replacement, which resulted in effectively dumping the entire fiduciary responsibility for the pledge drive into Otto's lap. Otto, thanks again for all your help, it'll be a pleasure to work with you again when the county finishes their master plan and comes a-callin'.

I divorced myself after I was told didn't belong on the project because I had told one tiki central member that they could donate less than the twenty dollar minimum.

Their sincerity on wanting to help was my reason for approving their request. And apparently my downfall.

As I recall the email I recieved said I "fucking didn't deserve to be on this project."

You caused your own "scramble".

And as to this scramble...
I do believe Otto and myself discussed his becoming the the person to take over. As I recall, we both agrred that he would be better able to deal with you than I would.
I had grown tired of the thought of someone trying to shill "ten thousand dollars worth of product" using an idea that was a sincere attempt to thank Trader Frank, and to perpetuate the memory of Tiki Gardens.
Sell all you want, I personaly won't use a dead mans legacy to make a quick buck.

Again note, I'm not the one who's swearing.
Tiki Gardener
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

P.S. But if I were, it would rhyme with clucking bell.

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2003-09-07 15:30 ]

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2003-09-07 15:32 ]

T

On 2003-09-07 15:23, TikiGardener wrote:
I divorced myself after I was told didn't belong on the project because I had told one tiki central member that they could donate less than the twenty dollar minimum.

Their sincerity on wanting to help was my reason for approving their request. And apparently my downfall.

As I recall the email I recieved said I "fucking didn't deserve to be on this project."

I do believe Otto and myself discussed his becoming the the person to take over. As I recall, we both agrred that he would be better able to deal with you than I would.
I had grown tired of the thought of someone trying to shill "ten thousand dollars worth of product" using an idea that was a sincere attempt to thank Trader Frank, and to perpetuate the memory of Tiki Gardens.
Sell all you want, I personaly won't use a dead mans legacy to make a quick buck.

Tiki Gardener

Hey, this posts sounds like the new incarnation of a trolling Politics/Religion posts! The the fight begin!

All right, boths sides to your corners. I think you both know the rules, but here they are again - no punching of the boobs, the kicking of the stones, no eye pokes (knuck, knuck!), no nose picks and absolutly NO insinuating someone is really a left-wing conservative wacko!

At the sound of the bell.... Let's Ruuuuummmmmbbbbbllllle

On 2003-09-07 17:33, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2003-09-07 15:23, TikiGardener wrote:

Tiki Gardener

Hey, this posts sounds like the new incarnation of a trolling Politics/Religion posts! The the fight begin!

All right, boths sides to your corners. I think you both know the rules, but here they are again - no punching of the boobs, the kicking of the stones, no eye pokes (knuck, knuck!), no nose picks and absolutly NO insinuating someone is really a left-wing conservative wacko!

At the sound of the bell.... Let's Ruuuuummmmmbbbbbllllle

Well I have been reading Al Frankens new book... Does that mean I start off with something tied off behind my back?

Seriuosly. Thanks to Otto, the mans a saint.
I knew that he knew what the vision was at the conception of this idea. I knew he was trustworthy, by a peculiar creaking in my bones. And the man had never wronged me, thats also a big plus.

As to a fight, nah, what and why?

TG

F

After reading this post, I realized I never got my $100 back that I had paypaled to Otto for the TG Memorial.. I had read we were all going to get the donations back- whats the scoop on that?

Edit: Found the info/email..

[ Edited by: fatuhiva on 2003-09-07 22:57 ]

CY

Hey Brian,
Otto forwarded me the email he sent you, so hopefully you got your refund.
Just a quick clarification to my earlier post- the county was very explicit that they were rejecting our offer for the time being, but would strongly reconsider once they had completed their 'master plan' for the parks department. They told us only moments after we began our presentation they had just commissioned a Washington, DC consulting firm to help them maximize revenues, at a cost of $600K. The Parks dept director stopped me after the meeting and said she was voting to approve the request, and a handful of the other 15 voting members indicated that they too would vote in the affirmative. It's a safe bet they were subsequently advised by their consultants not to enter into any agreements until the assessment was complete, but when that happens I strongly believe they'll be giving us a call asking if we're still interested in donating a statue. Won't that make for an interesting tc post.... cy

Pages: 1 6 replies