Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Old School Check In

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

P

While everything is getting up to code, let's hear from you crusty old barnacles from 2003 to 2018. I promise to update links as the next few weeks go by but I will share story now.

The giant tree, at least 80 years old, that covered the Rusty Key went down last night during a microburst tornado.

It took out a decent portion of the pool screen and made a dent in the aloha.

Pics and updates on the repairs forthcoming. Thank God it didn't fall on the house. It's a quarter of an acre tree and could have really messed us up.

It did not destroy any of my carved tikis.

T

Good thing you made it through with no harm done to you. But those old time trees are huge and scary. Nice to see you back here again and look forward to your posts. Hugs. TP

R

Hola, Robotiki here, Just guessed at my old password and it still worked!

I have to change my password, it’s so simple that it’s embarrassing! It’s pre “phishing as a business model” 🤣🤣🤣

Barnacle 9996, GianFu, has safely returned to the Lagoon….

Pablus! Glad to hear all is well. Any new music from the Crazed Mugs?

DZ

The Good Doctor is in the house!

Awesome! Thank you

I also guessed my old password and here I am!

Bamboo BEN in the hut!!

I got 5 years of updating to to from all the Tiki Bars I’ve built! Ayecarumba!! I’ll do it when it slows down. 🤪🗿🍹🌴

So sorry to hear about your tree troubles. So grateful to this site for “introducing” YOU to me! It’s great to be back!

So sorry to hear about your tree troubles. So grateful to this site for “introducing” YOU to me! It’s great to be back!

White Devil is in the house. No applause, please.

Here I is.

D
Dagg posted on Fri, Mar 18, 2022 1:37 PM

aloha

D

Peek-A-Boo

Peek-a-Boo!

[ Edited by DawnTiki on 2022-03-18 17:13:44 ]

Hey Basement Kahuna, before TC went down we never got a chance to thank you for bringing photos to the Home bars NOT on TC thread. We remember you telling us yeeears ago (maybe at a Hukilau) how you'd once rigged up a record player (with Les Baxter's The Sacred Idol cued) to the door using a string so when guests would enter it would start to play ...

Hey Basement Kahuna, before TC went down we never got a chance to thank you for bringing photos to the Home bars NOT on TC thread. We remember you telling us yeeears ago (maybe at a Hukilau) how you'd once rigged up a record player (with Les Baxter's The Sacred Idol cued) to the door using a string so when guests would enter it would start to play ...

lurking since 2013 - assume sufficiently "crusty" for OGs Mahalo, BR

[ Edited by BambooRadley on 2022-03-18 20:51:09 ]

Which way to the bar?

Aloha all...I never thought I'd see this, it's good to be home.

Pleasant vicissitudes to one and all. It's good to see so many old faces from the Slack Key Recessionist fellowship back in circulation. I look forward to engaging discussions on topics of interest.

T

Checking in from the old school page. I can't remember what my previous handle was, since that was 2 emails ago...

Great to have this site back in order, if only to cut down the noise from the "whatever you want it to be" crowd.

Reporting for Doodie!

Glad to see Tiki Central back up!

Welcome back from the Blip, Tiki Central! I am surprised as hell TC is back, really thought it was gone for good, hope everyone made it through the Apocalypse, strange times indeed.

[ Edited by Atomic Tiki Punk on 2022-03-19 15:52:51 ]

T

Hey, ATP is back!

Pablus is it a shame to lose a huge tree like that all you get is a huge bill to take it away and then your yard does not look better and all the stuff that was growing under it is now burned by the sun that never reached that spot before.

Can remember you giving my wife and I a ride at a Hukilau many years ago, thanks.

Hi Skip! good to see you are still in the world!

T

Har! People would go through great lengths to find my email and get ahold of me over the TC dark years, I think it was a health check in reality.

Good to see you back, now be good!

JB

A lot more seaplanes here than I remember.

Z

Lookit us, all shambling back...

8T

tikicat&martinCateIt's been a crazy spell since TC went dark. Covid and then Kansas City lost our beloved Tikicat. But the worst thing was my wife Lori "Mrs 8FT" passed away in October. She was the reason we became a part of the tiki world. I miss her so much. Since then I have been devoting a lot of time to get our tiki space better than ever. I just wish we had been able to enjoy it together for a lot longer. Anyway, this site has meant so much to us over the years that the news of its return was really fantastic. So a big hello again to all of you!

8FT tiki

[ Edited by 8FT Tiki on 2022-03-19 17:13:48 ]

So sorry for your loss, I fear we may have lost many TC old timers, I have been there, just put one foot in front of the other, best wishes.

T

Just checking to see if I'm up and running. Great to be back!

The barnacles started back in 2002 (well, 2001 if you count yahoo clubs and yahoo groups). I am so glad that TC is alive again!

[ Edited by floratina on 2022-03-19 21:03:28 ]

Hi, floratina! Long time no see.

Oh my god...the rumors are TRUE! TikiCentral has returned! Wow I honestly have no idea what to say... so much has happened since TC disappeared.

T

Conga line!

Hey Sabuuuuuuu! 🤗

Holy Toledo!

How wonderful to see so many familiar names here on the shiny new TikiCentral!

Now lets get back to discussing serious subject matter like Is Star Trek Tiki? .

8FT Tiki, so sorry for your loss. Glad that Mrs 8FT got you into tiki and that you found it back here.

ATP glad to see you can post more than PMs lol

KB33, maybe there is a cosmic law which says that everything is tiki if you analyze it long enough...

[ Edited by mike and marie on 2022-03-20 15:01:52 ]

Pablus!! Great to see you here! I'm sorry for the loss of your tree, but relieved that it spared your house on its way out.

BTW, this is practically a local texting, I'm in Key West right now. Heading back at the end of the month, until the end of April....

What is all this old tiki stuff? I guess it’s time to get the bar out of hibernation. Glad to be back!

Great to be back an see all of the TC all of the familiar names, looking forward to posting again!

DC

B

Yay!!

Open up the window; let that tropical breeze in...

T

So glad it's back!

Very sorry to hear of your loss, 8FT Tiki. I hope your great memories have less sadness included in the future.

Glad you avoided serious damage, pablus.

Aloha to the rest of the gang! Very happy to see you again.

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies