Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Trader Vic's Returns To DC! (no joke)

Pages: 1 5 replies

https://www.prweb.com/releases/capital_hilton_reignites_flair_with_a_trader_vic_s_tiki_pop_up_bar_in_statler_lounge_this_summer/prweb18674680.htm

Starting out as a summer pop up version of the Mai Tai Lounge. Let's hope it does so well, that they make it permanent.

So stoked about this! Wondering if any of the old crew shows up?

Didn't see your post and also posted about this in the General forum.

However the good news gets out there!

They should commission a wax figure of Richard Nixon, and have him sitting in a dark corner booth, sipping a Navy Grog.

I

Thanks for giving us the heads up. Potentially very cool.

Personally I'm going to wait until I see photos of how "Pop-Upy" the temporary decor is and how well they actually can transform the Statler Lounge from its current airport club lounge sort of atmosphere. I'm not really holding my breath, but will be happy to be proven wrong.

R
rupe33 posted on Mon, Jun 6, 2022 2:48 PM

So the decor is very temporary and the menu is very stripped down: we're talking maybe 3 or 4 drinks (not counting mai tai variants) and about the same in terms of appetizers.

Some of the locals went over Memorial Day weekend early on Saturday afternoon, and we had a ball. Was somewhat frustrated that the Navy Grog is not on the menu - Nixon would sneak over from the WH to down some at the old Vic's. One word of advice: be sure to double check your bill before paying, especially if you've had multiple parties at your table. To be fair - it was the very first weekend this version of the bar was open, so things ought to get smoother from here on out.

If this is a test run for bringing TV back to DC, I'm going to try and support it any time I can get over there.

Pages: 1 5 replies