Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central 2.0 - The Beta / Bugs

Spammer on the loose - no report/flag option?

Pages: 1 15 replies

BB

Looks like a brand new member joined this morning only to immediately create several threads shilling videogame services. I noticed there is no option visible to flag a post for obvious spam, at least to alert a mod. Wondering if that is something that might be considered for implementation in the future.

sadly if we loose him we loose our most active poster.

I went to a site that was dedicated to photo association (photo association central) and they had a thread on that site that was about tiki and it had TONS of posts everyday, weird.

WAY more posts everyday than were on the website photo association central.

I can delete users in the DB directly. Posting in bugs is probably the best way to report spam for now.

and he's gone. Only 3 posts.

T

Damn that guy got on TC faster than I did at first. I was like wait is a fire engine a truck? And is a sea plane and a regular plane a plane.

I was waiting for one that said check the bicycles only to see a unicycle and a tricycle and a bike with a tandem bike thrown in just to make it tricky.

😀

So far the captcha has pretty much stopped all automated spam. Any spam accounts have to be manually created. From there your first 10 posts will also require a captcha. So there's a lot of overhead for spammers and they move on to an easier target.

😀

So far the captcha has pretty much stopped all automated spam. Any spam accounts have to be manually created. From there your first 10 posts will also require a captcha. So there's a lot of overhead for spammers and they move on to an easier target.

3vab posted on Fri, Jun 10, 2022 5:19 AM

--

[ Edited by 3vab on 2022-09-25 11:09:37 ]

[ Edited by 3vab on 2022-09-25 11:09:43 ]

I know 2captcha well… that's how I got a bunch of google cache data for https://mytiki.life.

Currently the spam isn't an issue I want to spend time on solving. I look at the recent posts every day so it's pretty easy to spot spam.

I delete the user in the DB and the cascade deletes clean up everything else.

--

[ Edited by 3vab on 2022-09-25 11:09:16 ]

Yeah I don't see the value in it either.

What makes things even more interesting is the login is 100% custom… so it's not like Wordpress or any other large target.

Bots will be bots I guess.

New spammer on the loose shirleyallen. Its first 2 posts had me wondering why they were even here but the 3rd one made it clear.

Deleted

T

All the spammers need to do is put a Tiki bob image on the thing they are selling / food vac and it would fit in with close to half of what's on TC and fit in no longer being spam.

AND they would most likely sell lots of em.

Tiki bob food vac "it sucks"

I've created a new forum for reporting spam: https://tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum_id=25

T

You are doing a great job keeping this site going. Don't want my joke to be seen as a swipe at you in any way. Thank you.

Pages: 1 15 replies