Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Enchanted Reef Bar in UK

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

Wow, that's a lot of work done! Looks really nice.

T

Finally finished off the main area of the entrance stairwell with some lovely Dawn Frasier designed Spoonflower fabric, we wanted a bit of colour rather than just Beige/browns so i think the green gives it a Pop!, It wasn't easy to fit as so flexible being a light cotton fabric P1400550P1400551P1400552P1400553 P1400547P1400548P1400549

[ Edited by TIKIWAGON on 2023-06-07 02:04:46 ]

S

Where did you get the carpet from?

We rescued it from the bins at Trader Vic's London!, It is a complete patchwork quilt as there were only small pieces and i wanted to pattern match it(luckily that is my normal job, floor laying)

Figured it was from there as i've seen that some people were able to get their hands on a piece. Clearly you got your hands on more than just one. Good job patching it together as that's why i asked where you got it from because it looks like it was done with one piece.

Yes we started the Campaign to save Vic's in November and had a lot of support but those corporate idiots don't listen so as you know it shut New years eve, We got a tip off and a couple of weeks later it was in the bins and they would be emptied the next day, so we got in our car for a 2 1/2 hour journey and got what we could, we had quite a lot of people message us about possible leftovers and we just sent them out free of charge

I am just blown away at the amount of work and attention to detail you've put into this space. And good on you for saving at least a little place of yet another tiki classic I'll never be able to visit.

Thanks for the positive replies

That is an amazing build. Especially here in the UK. If I hadn't known I would have said this has to be in the States. Some of those pieces are so rare here.

T

Thanks for your kind words, We have been collecting this stuff since the Mid 90's and luckily got a lot at flea markets etc before the prices rose, Even have our own online business selling Tiki stuff since 2003

N

Great job taking a huge space and still such a layered look. Great depth and variety of unique finds. As others have said you really have quite a collection of Tiki. Some really cool mugs too.

T

SWINGING Tiki style!

Thanks, It is constantly evolving with new bits being added

Pages: 1 2 60 replies