Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NEPA Hawaiian Staycation Luau

Pages: 1 8 replies

BB

Aloha, all!

Figured I might make it an official thread to invite any and all in the region (and beyond) to the inaugural Hawaiian Staycation Luau, Saturday, August 6, in Bloomsburg, PA!

Luau Poster Elviki

As the poster says, there will be a full-on Kalua-style pig roast (sadly, not in an imu. The park board frowns upon digging pits in the middle of the field), full dinner, a live Exotica combo, and a showing of Blue Hawaii at sunset. Tickets are already going fast, and can be reserved through EventBrite by clicking here.

Would love to have you! Mahalo!

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Jun 27, 2022 8:53 PM

Good luck. Hope it's successful. Please keep us updated.

BB

If I can work out the technical details, I'm going to try to set up a livestream of the music during dinner service. So if you can't make it in person, you can at least participate virtually! I'll make sure to share the link here well ahead of time.

Will do! Ill be waiting for the update.

BB

Quick update - ticket sales CLOSE this Saturday the 23rd! Would love to see any TC ohana there if you can make it!

BB

Here's a couple short clips of the Pahu Grunts Orchestra in rehearsal this evening. This is gonna be fun!

BB

Sad news, the Luau dinner and movie has been cancelled for this year, with an eye on next year. Very disappointing, but even with the support of several community leaders it seems it was just not meant to be at this time. There is a good chance the Exotica band may still get to play, however. Updates to come.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2022 7:52 PM

That's a bummer.

BB

Aloha! Here it is, the link to the scheduled FB livestream

Tune in for the Pahu Grunts Orchestra live from the town park, starting at 7PM eastern.

Pages: 1 8 replies