Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Separated At Birth: People Who Look Like Tiki Mugs

Pages: 1 22 replies

T

I have a Schoon Tiki tiki mug that has an uncanny resemblance to a friend of mine. I won't post the side by side pics cause if she saw it (even though she isnt on TC) she would kill me, but it got me thinking - are there any famous folk who resemble tiki mugs? Or perhaps you, as a TC member, think there is a tiki mug you resemble? I'd love to see some side by side comparisons...

Maybe you could try to imitate one on purpase, kind of like 'Eric Conveys an Emotion', except it's 'Drunken poster conveys a Tiki Mug'.

S
sungod posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2003 4:04 PM

The Mr. Bali Hai reminds me of Hulk Hogan.

S

David Hyde Pierce has sort of a Tiki Bob thing going on...

Chris Klein (from American Pie) and the mug pictured on page 113 of BOT (top right pic).

And for some reason, the Suffering Bastard reminds me of Larry King, but I'm not sure why- sure, shake your head, but the next time you see that mug, you'll be thinking it too...
-Z

T

Here's the most obvious one! Aloha! :sheckymug:

My wife's Uncle Bill & Trader Vic's Menehune.

T

I've been saying for years that the brown Moai mug from Aku Aku in Las Vegas (the one with the lid that has two straw holes in it) looks exactly like the actor Peter Boyle, especially as in his role in Young Frankenstein!

Do I lie?

A

Roland Gift of the Fine Young Cannibals

Charlie Chan

This guy reminds me of Tiki Bob

Moai The Beachcomber

Suffering Bing

This mug reminds me of someone... I just can't put der finger on it.

Sabu

This is me after a long night of Zombies.
Huuungover!

Sabu-

Where did you get all those wonderful hats? Now I want hats for all my Tiki Mugs!

S
SES posted on Tue, Sep 16, 2003 11:57 PM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:12 ]

Hey freddiefreelance,

Sorry I haven't been paying as much attention to TC lately - Planning a wedding is a good exercise in being overwhelmed.

I find a lot of those little hats at garage sales and I bought a small stack of them from MTKahuna at a Hawaiiana show a few months ago. I also had a dozen tiny sombreros, but they are now gone. I put them on a bunch of old Beanie Babies and passed them off on Ebay as "New Mexican Beanie Babies!" or "Frijolitos", as I like to call them. They sold right away.

Sabu

N

Not a mug but I always thought this guy from Palau looked like South Park's Cartman

[ Edited by: naugatiki on 2004-04-05 08:57 ]

UJ

I always thought the cheezy Islander mug looked alot like garfield the cat when He's doing something devilish.

in hopes of reviving this thread, here are two that we feel closely resemble tiki mugs in the dark marq.

jungle trader as infant:

jungle trader as adult:

jungle trader as tiki quest mug:

and also, who could forget mr. smiley.

mr. smiley in a less smiley moment:

mr. smiley as the hawaii kai moai:

:lol: it really does look like me as a baby, good one Cleen.

TM

N

I woke up to this after last nights snow storm.

B

Tiki or Lorax? You decide.

Am I nuts or does Vincent Price look like a Mark Thomas Outrigger mug? Or visa versa?

topics merged.

Pages: 1 22 replies