Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

When is a Tiki bar NOT a Tiki bar?

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

Strong Water is a Nautical, Tiki, Speak Easy, Disney Adventure Influenced mashup style bar, Bamboo Ben worked on it, having been there I can say it is a really great Bar overall, Tikis, Mugs, Tropical drinks are all part of their aesthetic, the proximity to Disneyland has a major influence, it is not a classic Tiki bar as I ultimately prefer, but those are mostly closed now, as picky as I am, I do recommend Strong Water, everyone should put it on their bars to visit list.

No Smoking

[ Edited by Atomic Tiki Punk on 2022-11-04 22:30:08 ]

Paraphrasing Justice Potter Stewart's famous comment, in a 1964 case involving 'obscenity in the public square': "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within the shorthand description "tiki bar", and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the bar involved in this case is not that."

[ Edited by Limbo Lizard on 2022-11-15 13:25:49 ]

So what is the consensus on flamingos per se. Too "party tiki"? Primarily an African species however there are populations in the Caribbean, Yucatan, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina, and some in the Galapagos Islands. (AH HA! That's in the PACIFIC!) I have just been given a very fine quite realistic (NOT cartoony) life size pair that were obviously quite expensive. To be, ...or not to be? Thoughts?

We here at Bamboo Ben and Son only add the nautical, beachcomber, rum runner looks because it adds more β€œ Escapism”. More for the customers to explore. Gotta mix it up a bit. Aloha! πŸ—ΏπŸΉπŸŒ‹πŸŒ΄πŸ’€πŸ›–

T

I DEFINITELY hold to the view that Tiki Bars should encourage exploration of the decor ....and provide items that are of interest when found. If you can take in the whole thing on entering then it needs more.....FAR more!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies