Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Kahuna Tiki Tu, Los Angeles: Valley Village (bar, restaurant)

Pages: 1 5 replies

M
MrFab posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2022 9:15 PM

Name:Kahuna Tiki Tu

Type:restaurant/bar

Street:12600 Riverside Dr

City:Valley Village

State:CA

Zip:91607

Phone:(818) 452-9600

http://www.kahunatiki.com/

Description: Along with the Tonga Hut, Tiki No, and the first Kahuna Tiki in North Hollywood, the San Fernando Valley now sports 4 tiki joints. The world greatest concentration?!

Apparently this one opened during the pandemic when I wasn't going out or doing much, so only first visited it earlier this year. It's a sushi restaurant, with a small, but nicely decorated bar attached. The whole thing is part of a hotel complex. Live entertainment, e.g: burlesque, and Jill Martini and Her Shrunken Heads playing island-type tunes. First time I went, an actual Hawaiian guy was singing and playing his uke. Too bad the non-live music is piped-in "classic rock". Full cocktail menu.

There are eccentric touches, like a Haunted Mansion-inspired spooky area, and a diver-suit guy.

Further info w/lots of pics !here: https://mytiki.life/tiki-bars/kahuna-tiki-tu

IMG_1196

IMG_1198

IMG_1197

IMG_1200

IMG_1233

IMG_1242

[ Edited by MrFab on 2022-10-17 21:27:03 ]

Looks fun. Granted the diver suit and the haunted area are not Tiki but I would not let that get in the way of my enjoying it. Anything off the beaten path of corporate dining is a plus in my experience. Plus live music, sushi, etc.

The world greatest concentration?!

SF and Oakland would like to have a discussion with you.

[ Edited by kevincrossman on 2022-10-19 08:35:58 ]

[ Edited by kevincrossman on 2022-10-19 08:36:08 ]

M
MrFab posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2022 8:46 PM

Hence my question mark!

Ah, but SF and Oakland are separated by the Bay. In the Valley, they're all within a few miles of each other. But I dunno, gotta get out maps n calculators.

The Bay Bridge takes five minutes to cross (without traffic, of course) and there's also BART. They are not far from each other.sf-oak

A

OK, here are the tiki bars for LA and Orange counties to contrast and compare.! Tiki LA - Orange

[ Edited by arriano on 2022-10-26 12:53:18 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies