Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

DC/MD/VA DC's Longest Running Tiki Social: Dec 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2022

Pages: 1 1 replies

TikiThirstday December is "Reunion Month" for Tiki Thirstday's Aloha Night. A special invitation to the many "merry souls" who have joined us over the last nine years and help us Mai Tai in the new year.

The Aloha Bar at The House of Foong Lin in Bethesda is where the local Tiki community meets up and Mai Tais the night away every Thursday night all year long (with a couple holiday exceptions). Old school and one of the most Tiki of the DC area Tiki bars, it features the area's largest classic Tiki drink menus (almost 30 cocktails) in a very Tiki setting of bamboo, lauhala, and thatch.

Thursday nights starting at 5:00 the Tiki gets turned up to "11", featuring 3 Tiki classic cocktails, including a signature Mai Tai '44, for only $8 each, Exotica music, with island and retro themed videos. There's even a wall full of Aloha shirts for anyone who'd like to Tiki up and wear one for the evening.

Great food, great drink, but best of all is the Tiki community which gathers week after week to socialize and escape. A night with the regulars on Aloha Night is the best and easiest way to meet other area Tiki enthusiasts.

Named one of DC Best Tiki Bars: https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/bars-clubs/need-an-island-getaway-grab-your-hawaiian-shirt-and-head-to-a-tiki-bar/2019/07/24/636c1fdc-a729-11e9-9214-246e594de5d5_story.html

Aloha Night A Tiki Thirstday Escape House of Foong Lin 4613 Willow Lane, Bethesda, MD 20815 (3 blocks from the Red Line Bethesda Metro Stop) . 5 pm till Closing Kitchen closes between 9-9:30 Bar stays open later, depending on how busy it is.

[ Edited by Dr. Coruba on 2022-12-04 10:22:18 ]

T

Unfortunately FAR too far away for me to attend but it does sound Tiki-tastic! Having a rack of suitable shirts available for patrons to wear is a great idea. I do exactly the same thing here in my own bar. (I've given up trying to count how many I have in the collection.) Only a few have gone, (most to be returned laundered later) but I think that if they went to appreciative homes then it just goes to help spread the Tiki Spirit.

Pages: 1 1 replies