Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Your Custom Tiki Drink Recipe

Pages: 1 7 replies

I'd love to see what custom drink you've made that you loved enough to keep making. Does your home bar have a namesake cocktail? Let's share (and sorry if this has been done in the past!). Here's mine:

Stolen Idol Drink Card

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2022 1:08 AM

My original drinks are over here: https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic_id=52606

In fact, I've got another one I need to add, so look for that soon.

Can't wait to try your drink. I just saw the excellent mug that Mike made for you; this must be what goes in it.

A

Every Christmas I make my "Christmas Island" cocktail. Super sweet, but very festive:

• 2 oz Crème of Coconut

• 1 oz Don’s Mix

• 1 oz Falernum Liqueur

• 1 oz Dark Jamaican Rum (Coruba)

• ½ oz Lime Juice

• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters

• 1 oz Dark Jamaican Rum float (Coruba)

Blend first five ingredients for five seconds with crushed ice and then pour into a cocktail glass. Float 1 oz dark Jamaican rum. Garnish with a sugar cane stick and mint sprig.

Also my "Our Mango in Havana" has proven popular:

• 1 oz Aged Cuban Rum (Havana Especial)

• 1 oz Dark Jamaican Rum (Coruba)

• 4 oz Mango Nectar

• 1 oz Lemon Juice

• 1 oz Cinnamon Syrup

• ½ oz Falernum Liqueur

Shake with crushed ice. Pour into a tiki mug. Garnish with a dried mango chunk speared to a lemon slice.

[ Edited by arriano on 2022-12-29 14:39:58 ]

I have everything for your Christmas Island (although I'm dangerously low on Coruba), so I'll look forward to that, too.

C

Working on a little experiment now that I am tentatively calling Lucky Cross:

1/2 oz falernum 1/2 oz amaro Montenegro 1.5 oz brown rum 1 oz pineapple juice Juice of 1/2 lime and 1/2 lemon Up to 1/4 oz demerara sugar syrup

Shake with crushed ice to fill a Mai tai glass.

Note: What I call brown rum is an ongoing mix I have of remains of partial bottles that aren’t worth keeping segregated in separate bottles when the liquor cabinet starts to get full and I need to make room for a new bottle. Experiment with your favorite column still or blended rum (or start making your own make-room-for-a-new-bottle mix).

"Infinity bottle rum" might be better branding....

C

Infinity bottle is definitely better branding. In this case they’re mostly lightly aged or gold rums. Remains of a Fiji rum I didn’t care for. Some matusalem I didn’t find distinctive enough to keep separate. The last bit of some Appleton whose wide bottle was taking up a lot of shelf space. The tail end of a bottle of Flor de Cana. A few other odds and ends I’ve forgotten.

This particular blend isn’t a mix of white rums, funky Jamaicans or Demerara rums, which is what I was trying to convey with the term brown. But infinity bottle is a much better term.

Riptide ( There might be another drink called this..so I might end up changing it, but it is what I am going with at the moment) 1.5 ounces of Ketel One Citreon 1oz Parma liquor 1oz Pineapple juice .5 oz Orange juice .25 oz Orgeat

Shake with 1/2 cup of crushed ice and pour into small chilled glass

Pages: 1 7 replies