Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Martin Denny new LP reissues by Jackpot Records

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

Hi guys, anyone bought some of these reissues? https://jackpotrecords.com/search?type=product&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&options%5Bunavailable_products%5D=show&q=martin+denny

How is the quality (jacket, sleeve, sound, ...)?

They worth the cost or better find the old issues? The reissues here in EU cost ~30€ each 😵‍💫

[ Edited by tambooer on 2023-01-10 14:14:58 ]

A

Wow, Primitiva on blue vinyl!

R

Bought 'em all, love 'em all. The graphics and sleeves look good. Will admit - I do not have an ear for whether an LP was mastered from digital sources - no idea, and some audiophiles are sticklers for that.

That said, if you're hungry for clean versions of these albums without hunting for years, these are a great opportunity to buy brand-new versions. They came out in groups of 3, and the first trio was good enough to encourage me to buy the next 3 when they came out. Hope this helps!

-Rupe

Nobody will ever be able to convince me that the best way to listen to Martin Denny is anything but from the Scamp CD reissues from the 1990s.

[ Edited by kevincrossman on 2023-01-12 09:08:18 ]

What is or you mean with Scamp? According to Discogs (checking Exotica) exist just 3 CD reissues by Liberty, Rev-ola and Hallmark.

Scamp was a record label that did CD reissues of these Denny albums in the ~1995-1998 period.

Afro-Desia Exotica I / II Forbidden Island / Primitiva Hypnotique / Exotica III Quiet Village / Enchanted Isle

Just do a search for Scamp on Discogs and selecting the first result will list their releases. I have the two-fer and sounds really nice.

I have 4 of the six and agree yes they are great pressings. Unless listed prominently somewhere on a sticker or on the cover most re-issues will have digital step along the way. That being said Jackpot have a pretty good track record with their re-issues.

And oh yes some people can be sticklers about analog / digital.

Anything? ;-)

VG+ 1959 OG UK pressing...

20230112_173059qv2

Edited for smaller pic

[ Edited by rum on the rideau on 2023-01-13 18:34:33 ]

[ Edited by rum on the rideau on 2023-01-13 18:37:41 ]

[ Edited by rum on the rideau on 2023-01-13 18:38:06 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies