Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central 2.0 - The Beta / Bugs

Random Suggestions

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hey Leevi! A couple suggestion for consideration:

1. When you click on a post, the default is to bring it up in a separate box by itself. I find that I usually click the View in Context to see what the response is to. How about making that View in Context the default?

2. The "Styling with Markdown supported" doesn't have instructions to tag a person [@nickname] . I forget and then have to go look at an old post to figure it out.

3. When you click on a link within TC, it takes you out of TC and opens the link in your current window. Any way to have a link open a new window instead?

Thanks for all of your hard work to make TC a more user friendly place

I've been too lazy to suggest Mike's #3 above, but would love to see that change if possible! When I'm done looking at whatever page the link went to, I tend to automatically close that window, expecting Tiki Central to still be open next to it. Somehow I'm always surprised that it's gone (D'oh!)

I also always click the "view post in context" if I've searched for an old post, so love the suggestion in #1, too.

Neither is a huge problem, of course. But if they're not too difficult to change, I'd appreciate it, too.

Thanks!

When you click on a post, the default is to bring it up in a separate box by itself. I find that I usually click the View in Context to see what the response is to. How about making that View in Context the default?

This only happens on "Lastest Post" links. It was designed this way to allow users to quickly see any updates they're following. I've had feedback that this saves a bunch of time so it's unlikely I'll remove that for now.

The "Styling with Markdown supported" doesn't have instructions to tag a person nickname . I forget and then have to go look at an old post to figure it out.

I can add that.

When you click on a link within TC, it takes you out of TC and opens the link in your current window. Any way to have a link open a new window instead?

This is generally considered poor usability… primarily because of mobile devices where new "tabs" are new windows which can easily get lost.

The solution here is to right click + open in new tab or cmd click.

Cheers Leevi

And that, my friend, is why you are the big cheese and I am the flunky LOL Those explanations make sense, thanks Leevi :)

😂

MadDogMike markdown instructions have been updated:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 5.42.53 pm

Thanks for all you do to keep this island of relative sanity running smoothly!

Thanks!

It's actually been a pretty insane couple of months in some parts of the site… but everything is running without disruption now.

#IFYKYK

Thank you sir!

Ah...phone people.

Thanks for the explanations and making it all happen!

Pages: 1 9 replies